Easy Baked Brunch, a deliciously simple recipe with baked eggs, bacon, cheese and peppers. Great for a weekend!
Easy Baked Brunch, this really is easy! All the ingredients baked in one dish with very little preparation and viola! You end up with a great tasting and easy meal, suitable for a breakfast, brunch or supper.
I wanted to make a brunch that was no fuss, easy, very little washing up, and use up ingredients I had in my refrigerator.
You can choose whatever ingredients you fancy, and the ingredients I have used make a great combination of flavour from the eggs, bacon and cheese, combined with the slightly crunchy texture of the bell peppers and fresh flat-leafed parsley.
The whole dish really is a delight to make and eat. So when you’re having a lazy Sunday morning, sit down to a delicious brunch! This easy baked brunch would be a nice one to make for Mother’s Day too!
You can use any oven dishes. It is nice if you have individual ones, or ramekins, small pie dishes etc.
This recipe is a great way of clearing out your fridge and using up any leftovers too.
We’ve got a lovely variety of breakfast and brunch recipes which you can see here. Some are low carb, low fat, and some are regular, so there’s something for everyone!
Eggs – as many as you like
1-2 Tablespoons grated cheese
1 Tablespoon chopped bacon / lardons
1 Tablespoon sliced mushrooms
1 Tablespoon chopped Bell peppers
1 chopped tomato
1 spring onion/scallion chopped
small handful chopped flat leaf parsley or other fresh herbs
Dash of Tabasco sauce (optional)
Salt & pepper
1. Heat oven to 180 C, 350F, Gas 4
2. Fry the bacon pieces & mushrooms until done.
3. Prepare your other ingredients, chop everything into small pieces, grate the cheese.
4. Butter your oven dishes.
7. Add your remaining ingredients ending with the grated cheese on the top. Distribute the ingredients evenly. Add salt & pepper to taste.
8. Bake in the oven for 10 – 15 minutes. The longer cooking time is if you prefer your eggs well done.
Here are a few more delicious breakfast and brunch dishes for you to enjoy!
- Eggs - as many as you like
- 1-2 Tablespoons grated cheese
- 1 Tablespoon chopped bacon / lardons
- 1 Tablespoon sliced mushrooms
- 1 Tablespoon chopped Bell peppers
- 1 chopped tomato
- 1 spring onion / scallion chopped
- small handfull chopped flat leaf parley or other fresh herbs
- Dash of Tabasco sauce optional
- Salt & pepper
- Heat oven to 180 C, 350 F, Gas 4
- Fry the bacon pieces & mushrooms until done.
- Prepare your other ingredients, chop everything in to small pieces, grate cheese.
- Butter your oven dishes. Crack eggs in to each dish. Add the bacon and mushrooms
- Add your remaining ingredients ending with the grated cheese on the top. Distribute the ingredients evenly. Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Bake in the oven for 10 - 15 minutes. The longer cooking time is if you prefer your eggs well done.