Easy Baked Brunch, a deliciously simple recipe with baked eggs, bacon, cheese, and peppers. Great for a weekend! This really is easy! All the ingredients baked in one dish with very little preparation and viola! You end up with a great-tasting and easy meal, suitable for breakfast, brunch, or supper.
I wanted to make a brunch that was no fuss, easy, very little washing up, and use up ingredients I had in my refrigerator. You can choose whatever ingredients you fancy, and the ingredients I have used make a great combination of flavor from the eggs, bacon, and cheese, combined with the slightly crunchy texture of the bell peppers and fresh flat-leafed parsley.
The whole dish really is a delight to make and eat. So when you're having a lazy Sunday morning, sit down to a delicious brunch!
This easy baked brunch would be a nice one to make for Mother's Day too!
- You can use any oven dishes. It is nice if you have individual ones, or ramekins, small pie dishes etc.
- This recipe is a great way of clearing out your fridge and using up any leftovers too.
We've got a lovely variety of breakfast and brunch recipes which you can see here. Some are low carb, low fat, and some are regular, so there's something for everyone!
Ingredients you'll need
Eggs - as many as you like. I judge 2 - 3 per person.
Chopped bacon / lardons
Spring onion/scallion chopped
Flat leaf parsley or other fresh herbs
Tabasco sauce (optional)
Salt & pepper
1. Heat oven to 180 C, 350F, Gas 4
2. Fry the bacon pieces & mushrooms until done.
3. Prepare your other ingredients, chop everything into small pieces, grate the cheese.
4. Butter your oven dishes.
5. Crack eggs into each dish.
6. Add the bacon and mushrooms.
7. Add your remaining ingredients ending with the grated cheese on the top. Distribute the ingredients evenly. Add salt & pepper to taste.
8. Bake in the oven for 10 - 15 minutes. The longer cooking time is if you prefer your eggs well done.
- Eggs - as many as you like
- 1-2 Tablespoons grated cheese
- 1 Tablespoon chopped bacon / lardons
- 1 Tablespoon sliced mushrooms
- 1 Tablespoon chopped Bell peppers
- 1 chopped tomato
- 1 spring onion / scallion chopped
- small handfull chopped flat leaf parley or other fresh herbs
- Dash of Tabasco sauce, optional
- Salt & pepper
- Heat oven to 180 C, 350 F, Gas 4
- Fry the bacon pieces & mushrooms until done.
- Prepare your other ingredients, chop everything in to small pieces, grate cheese.
- Butter your oven dishes. Crack eggs in to each dish. Add the bacon and mushrooms
- Add your remaining ingredients ending with the grated cheese on the top. Distribute the ingredients evenly. Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Bake in the oven for 10 - 15 minutes. The longer cooking time is if you prefer your eggs well done.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 199Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 205mgSodium: 572mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 14g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate