Easy French Toast. A fuss free, quick and very easy recipe
I love French Toast! In a nutshell, it is bread, soaked in egg and then cooked. That’s all it is!
I have seen many recipes available, many of them good I am sure, with ingredients of this and that, instructions so long and complicated, it can put you off even wanting to make it!
So here, I have a no frills, uncomplicated, quick recipe which you can whip up and lay on your breakfast or brunch table in under 10 minutes. After all, who wants to be busy rushing around getting kids off to school and being busy in the kitchen. So, the easier the better!
You can make this as diet friendly or as indulgent as you like. Here is my basic recipe, and you can add sugar, whipped cream, syrup, fresh fruits, honey, whip up some yoghurt, or whatever you fancy! You can cook in a non stick pan with no oil or you can add butter, and be indulgent!
Allow 1 egg per 1 slice of bread
1 egg beaten (you can add 2 teaspoons powdered sugar to the egg if you wish)
1 slice of bread
a bit of butter / oil for cooking (optional if you have a non stick pan)
Drizzle of maple Syrup, honey, or a topping of your choice.
2. Heat pan, when hot, add the bread slices and cook until golden brown. Turn and cook the other side.
We’d love to hear from you and what you thought of our post. Did you make any changes or add some other goodies? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
Come and check out our other goodies on Pinterest!
- slice Allow 1 egg per 1 of bread
- 1 teaspoons egg beaten you can add 2 powdered sugar to the egg if you wish
- 1 slice of bread
- a bit of butter / oil for cooking optional if you have a non stick pan
- Drizzle of maple Syrup honey, or a topping of your choice.
- 1. Beat the egg and place the cut slices of bread in the egg. Turn bread over so that both sides are coated and all the egg has been absorbed
- 2. Heat pan, when hot, add the bread slices and cook until golden brown. Turn and cook the other side.
- 3. Serve!