Easy Fluffy Pies. These are a super light, full of flavor crustless pie which allows you to use ingredients from your freezer for ease and quick preparation. Always a hit at breakfast and snack times too!
This delicious recipe has been generously shared by one of our great cooks, Carina. She’s always coming up with great recipes, and here we have Cari’s Easy Fluffy Pies. This is how easy it is to make them, Cari made up a batch for her family’s breakfast before setting off for work in the morning! Now that’s what I call easy.
Carina tells me they are full of deliciousness, light and fluffy and a pure delight to eat. You can add what you like in the batter mix, but for ease and time, Carina used things she had in the freezer, ready chopped etc.
Carina tells me this is one of her family favourites now, and with them being so easy to make, it’s really no trouble at all to make a quick batch for breakfast.
Recipe by Carina Duclos
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 9 – 12 depends on the size of your cup cake / muffin tin
1 cup / 240 g of egg whites (if you can’t buy cartons of egg whites, it is about 6 – 7 egg whites from medium eggs)
1/2 cup / 50 g grated mozzarella cheese
1 cup / 250 g of chopped mix veggies ( I always keep frozen veggies already chopped so I use celery, peppers and onions)
2 tbsp flour
2 tsp baking powder
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven 350F or 180C or Gas 4
2. Mix all the ingredients and pour into greased muffin pan. ** If you want really fluffy pies, whisk the egg whites separately until soft peaks then gently fold into the other ingredients.
TOP TIP : Carina advises to use muffin / cup cake liners as they can be tricky to remove from the tin.
3. Cook in the oven for 20 minutes
Tip: like a cake, they are done when a knife comes clean after inserting it.
We’d love to hear from you and what you thought of our post. Did you make any changes or add some other goodies? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
Come and check out our other goodies on Pinterest!
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup / 240 g of egg whites (if you can't buy cartons of egg whites it is about 6 - 7 egg whites from medium eggs)
- 1/2 cup / 50 g grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup / 250 g of chopped mix veggies ( I always keep frozen veggies already chopped so I use celery peppers and onions)
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven 350F or 180C or Gas 4
Mix all the ingredients and pour into greased muffin pan. ** If you want really fluffy pies, whisk the egg whites separately until soft peaks then gently fold into the other ingredients.
Cook in the oven for 20 minutes