Deluxe Breakfast Casserole, a delicious oven recipe loaded with sausage, cheese, bacon, and eggs on a bed of hash browns. Easy to make comfort food at its best!
This breakfast casserole is undeniably one of the best I've ever eaten! It's loaded with delicious ingredients, and so easy to prepare. The sausage, bacon, and cheese, combined with the eggs give you the ingredients for a classic breakfast dish.
What makes this so easy is that you can prepare it the night before and refrigerate it. Then the following morning, simply pop in the oven to bake and then serve.
This breakfast would be great for Christmas or Thanksgiving morning when you're likely to have a crowd to feed and you don't have the time in the morning to be busy preparing breakfast as well as a huge turkey dinner!
It's full of flavor, and goodness from all the ingredients.
We've got a lot of other breakfast recipes if you'd like to make a variety for any occasion.
Please note, the photo shows the bottom as having a bread base, but we have improved the recipe and made it with a lovely hash brown base. Everything else is the same!
Recipe from Peggy Mitchell Photos by Jeanette Neumann-Melone
1 dozen eggs beaten 1lb / 450 g of cooked breakfast ground sausage 1 medium onion diced 1 medium pepper diced 1 lb / 450 g of shredded cheese your choice 6 russet potatoes (if making your own hash browns) 1 clove garlic minced 1 lb / 450 g of cooked bacon finely chopped 1lb / 450 g of diced cooked ham 1 tsp of cumin Salt and pepper to taste
If you wish to use ready prepared hash browns, you will need about 6 cups.
1. If making your own hash browns, cook the potatoes fully and fry them into hash browns then add them to egg mixture in step 3.
2. Combine all the ingredients together in a large bowl minus your eggs, cheese, and hash browns.
3. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs, add half of the grated cheese and all the hash browns.
4. Grease your 9 x 13 baking pan and pour your ingredients into the pan, and pour your egg mixture over the top making sure everything is covered completely.
5. Bake in 350 F / 180 C / Gas 4 oven for 30 to 40 mins till you see no runny mess.
6. Place the remaining cheese on top of the casserole 10 mins before the end cook time.
We'd love to hear from you and what you thought of our post. Did you make any changes or add some other goodies? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading!
Quick and Easy French Toast, A.K.A. Eggy Bread. French Toast, A.K.A 'Eggy Bread" is soft bread, soaked in beaten egg and pan-fried in butter. Serve for breakfast or brunch with a selection of berries and a drizzle of honey
Creamy Garlic Chicken Livers and Mushrooms. Pan-fried tender chicken livers and mushrooms in a creamy garlic sauce is a great brunch or supper dish. Delicious served on hot buttered toast. Very quick and easy recipe