This delicious recipe has been generously shared by one of our Lovefoodie supporters, Sharon Jackson.
Sharon is always cooking up something tasty, and here we have a Simple Pasta Bake recipe, which allows you to add extra flavours if you wish, or keep it simple.
Whatever you decide, it will always be tasty!
Recipe by Sharon Jackson
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 -25 minutes
Yield: 2 – 4 Persons
1 lb / 450 g Ground beef
1 Medium Onion
1 Green Pepper
2 cups/ 285 g macaroni, spaghetti etc cooked (leftovers) or uncooked
2 cups / 470 ml Water
15 oz can Diced tomatoes
1 or 2 cans (15 oz each) tomato Sauce
2 tablespoons Sugar
2 Teaspoons Salt
2 cloves of garlic minced
Italian Seasoning, dried parsley. (any of your favourite herbs will go nice)
Pepper to taste.
Grated cheese for the topping.
1. In a pan, brown the meat, onion and pepper, and add the garlic, and other flavourings.
2. Then drain away the fat. Add the remaining ingredients and pour into a lightly greased 9×13 casserole dish, topped with cheese.
3. Bake 350 F / 180 C / Gas 4 oven, 20-25 minutes.
I never make this the same way, I may add a little garlic powder, other times I may add a little chili pepper. As always, I just do what ever suits me at the moment!
You can add extras, such as chopped zucchini, some other spices you like, or just see what you have in your fridge that you can use up. It;s really easy and you make it all in one pan.
We’d love to hear from you and what you thought of our post. Did you make any changes or add some other goodies? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
Come and check out our other goodies on Pinterest!
- 1 lb / 450 g Ground beef
- 1 Medium Onion
- 1 Green Pepper
- 2 cups / 285 g macaroni spaghetti etc cooked (leftovers) or uncooked
- 2 cups / 470 ml Water
- 15 oz can Diced tomatoes
- 1 oz or 2 cans tomato sauce 15 each
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Salt
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- Italian Seasoning dried parsley. (any of your favourite herbs will go nice)
- Pepper to taste.
- Grated cheese for the topping.
In a pan, brown the meat, onion and pepper, and add the garlic, and other flavourings.
Then drain away the fat.
Add the remaining ingredients and pour into a lightly greased 9x13 casserole dish, topped with cheese.
Bake 350 F / 180 C / Gas 4 oven, 20-25 minutes