Easy Baked Fries! This is a really easy and delicious side dish, perfect for a snack, parties, BBQ, or a weeknight dinner side dish! Full of flavor and delicious with your favorite dipping sauce! Recipe uses regular potatoes and sweet potatoes for extra flavor and a splash of color to your dish!
Easy Baked Fries! Gosh, this is so delicious!
This recipe came about when I went to visit my dear friend, Jan in her lovely country house in England. We've been friends since our school days in Hong Kong, way back in the 1970's! I went to stay for the weekend and on the Saturday afternoon, we decided to have a BBQ as it was lovely and sunny.
Of course I helped out with the preparation of all the food and these Easy Baked Fries were so delicious I simply had to take photos and remember the recipe so I could share it with you. Here's a picture of my schoolfriend Jan doing a great job cooking our BBQ!
So these Easy Baked Fries were so simple to prepare. We threw in a sweet potato too for extra flavor and color, and sprinkled on our seasonings and popped in the oven to bake until tender and crispy on the outside.
They make great party food if you have a crowd to feed, you can prep the day before by peeling the potatoes and leaving in the refrigerator, and then bake when you want to serve.
Kids and adults love these and you can switch the flavors around to suit your taste so it's very flexible!
It's also a great dish to serve at Thanksgiving and Christmas, eat with your cold cuts or together with a buffet or dinner. It's just delicious!
Serve these delicious Easy Baked Fries with a lovely salad, such as our very popular Corn and Cucumber Picnic Salad,
and some lovely Low Fat But Creamy Coleslaw
We've got a great selection of BBQ recipes which you can find here.
So let's see how we make this lovely Easy Baked Fries dish
35 - 40 minutes
4 - 6
Ingredients you'll need
- Potatoes (Allow 1 medium potato per person)
- Sweet potato
- Olive Oil
- Garlic, chopped
- Your favorite herbs, such as tarragon, rosemary, oregano etc
- Your favorite spice, such as paprika, cumin, tumeric etc
- Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Preheat Oven to 230C or 450F.
Peel the potatoes and sweet potato then cut into fingers to make fries. (about the thickness of your first finger)
2. Place in an oven dish and pour the olive oil, chopped garlic and chosen herbs and spices all over. Use a spatula to toss everything around so it's all combined and coated.
3. Place in the oven and bake for 35 minutes until tender and cooked through. The fries should be soft when you put a knife through and a little crispy on the outside and golden brown.
4. Serve warm with your meal and add your favorite dipping sauce too.
We'd love to hear from you and what you thought of our easy baked fries recipe. Did you make any changes or add some other goodies? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
- 4 - 5 Medium potatoes, Allow 1 medium potato per person
- 1 Large Sweet potato
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon of your favorite herbs, such as tarragon, rosemary, oregano etc
- 1/2 Tablespoon of your favorite spice, such as paprika, cumin, tumeric etc
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- Preheat Oven to 230C or 450F.
- Peel the potatoes and sweet potato then cut in to fingers to make fries.
- Place in an oven dish and pour the olive oil, chopped garlic and chosen herbs and spices all over. Use a spatula to toss everything around so it's all combined and coated.
- Place in the oven and bake for 35 minutes until tender and cooked through. The fries should be soft when you put a knife through and a little crispy on the outside and golden brown.
- Serve warm with your meal and add your favorite dipping sauce too!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 326Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 119mgCarbohydrates: 67gFiber: 8gSugar: 6gProtein: 8g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate