Chocolate Banana Boats are easy chocolate-filled bananas, wrapped in foil and grilled. Perfect for campfires, camping and BBQs. Easy recipe with just 2 ingredients. If you can't grill, this will work just as well baked in the oven.
Chocolate Banana Boats! Well, this really is a very simple easy recipe. If you love bananas then you will love this! These chocolate banana boats are perfect for when you go camping, the ingredients are easily transportable and of course, if you have the grill - BBQ on, then simply pop these on the grill after you´ve finished cooking your main food.
Once the bananas have warmed through, the chocolate melts and is simply delicious! Serve with a drizzle of honey or your favorite ice cream sauce, such as raspberry or toffee sauce and add a blob of ice cream or whipped cream. Simply eat straight from the foil or serve on dishes. Whatever is easiest for you.
You can have real fun with these, adding other ingredients such as marshmallows, sprinkles, toffee or fudge, crushed cookies.... whatever you have handy, give it a go! Let the kids help out too and roll the bananas in the foil for you.
For this recipe I've judged ingredients to make up for one banana. Simply multiply for as many as you need. Generally, 1 banana will be enough per person unless they're still hungry after the BBQ!
Ingredients you'll need
- Honey, raspberry, fudge sauce for drizzling
- Peel banana and cut a groove out all the way down the centre. Make the groove so it is ⅔ deep into the banana. The easiest way I find to do this is to place the knife at a slight angle and simply score all the way down, then do the same on the other side so you cut a 'v' shape groove out. Remove the excess banana from the groove.
2. Place 3 pieces of chocolate, (or more if you have big bananas) inside the groove
3. Wrap each banana up in foil like a roll. You may also like to add some other goodies, such as mini marshmallows, sprinkles, fudge bits etc. Close off the ends of the foil.
4. You can store in the refrigerator until ready for grilling, or just place on the grill for 5-10 minutes, turning occasionally.
Serve with some delicious ice cream, whipped cream and a drizzle of sauce, such as honey, raspberry sauce, fudge sauce etc.
We'd love to hear from you and what you thought of our post. Did you make any changes or add some other goodies? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
Chocolate Banana Boats
Chocolate Banana Boats are easy chocolate filled bananas, wrapped in foil and grilled. Perfect for camping and BBQ's. Easy recipe with just 2 ingredients
- 1 Banana
- 3 pieces Chocolate
- Honey, , raspberry, fudge sauce for drizzling
- Peel banana and cut a groove out all the way down the centre. Make the groove so it is ⅔ deep into the banana. the easiest way I find to do this is to place the knife at a slight angle and simply score all the way down, then do the same on the other side so you cut a 'v' shape groove out. Remove the excess banana from the groove.
- Place 3 pieces of chocolate, (or more if you have big bananas) inside the groove
- Wrap each banana up in foil like a roll. You may also like to add some other goodies, such as mini marshmallows, sprinkles, fudge bits etc. Close off the ends of the foil.
- You can store in the refrigerator until ready for grilling, or just place on the grill for 5-10 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Serve with some delicious ice cream, whipped cream and a drizzle of sauce, such as honey, raspberry sauce, fudge sauce etc.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
OlarHike 25PCS BBQ Grill Accessories Tools Set, Stainless Steel Grilling Kit with Oxford Cloth Case for Smoker/Camping/Kitchen, Barbecue Utensil for Men Women with Thermometer and Meat Injector
#1 BEST Vegetable Grill Basket - BBQ Accessories for Grilling Veggies, Fish, Meat, Kabob, or Pizza - Use as Wok, Pan, or Smoker - Quality Stainless Steel - Camping Cookware - Charcoal or Gas Grills OK
Kabob Skewers Flat Metal BBQ Barbecue Skewer 16.8" Long Stainless Steel Shish Kebob Sticks Wide Reusable Grilling Skewers Set for Meat Shrimp Chicken Vegetable, 12 Pack Including Bonus 14-Inch Skewers
Allcana Natural Bamboo Skewers for BBQ, Fruit Kabob, Appetizer, Grilling, Shish Kabob, Chocolate Fountain, Marshmallows, 3mm, Sizes 6"/8"/10"/12" - 100pcs
Pure Grill Burger Press - Aluminum BBQ Patty Maker with 100 Wax Papers for Grilling Hamburger Patties
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 415Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 150mgCarbohydrates: 81gFiber: 5gSugar: 56gProtein: 5g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate
Recipes for Grilling
Here's a selection of delicious recipes for grilling, so fire up the BBQ and let's get cooking!
Oh So Good Jack Daniel's Burgers taste amazing! Easy to make and full of flavor to give you a delicious juicy burger
Simple Refreshing Salad. Simple ingredients using apple, cucumber, and tomato combined with a lovely easy yogurt dressing makes for a deliciously refreshing salad.
Grilled Jerk Corn Skewers. Perfect for grilling with a recipe for Jerk seasoning too!
Succulent rolled chicken breast stuffed with bacon and peppers and coated in a homemade dry rub. BBQ or oven, an easy and tasty chicken recipe.
Spicy Tandoori Chicken Drumsticks is a wonderful baked or grilled recipe using a homemade spice mix. Full of flavor and great for a dinner or to serve at a party!
Quick Grilled Chicken Burger
Quick Grilled Chicken Burger.
Quick and easy juicy grilled chicken breast, seasoned with herbs, in a toasted brioche bun, layered with crisp lettuce. Perfect for lunch or dinner
Flattened Moist BBQ Garlic and Lemon Chicken with a delicious marinade to give you juicy chicken everytimeFlattened Moist BBQ Garlic and Lemon Chicken with a delicious marinade to give you juicy chicken every time. Easy instructions of how to cut a whole chicken into portions.
Meat Lovers' Kebabs! A trio of Beef, Pork and Chicken, with lovely marinades, all ready for the grill. This is perfect for any meat lover!
Quick and Easy Moist Chicken Breast, pan-fried marinated chicken full of flavor and so tender too!
Sweet Chili Sticky Ribs with a fantastic marinade recipe, options for a quick cook and fall of the bone cook. Juicy tender spare ribs everytime! Oven or BBQ ribs recipe
Juicy BBQ Meat Kebabs.
These juicy BBQ meat kebabs are bursting with a variety of spices and fresh herbs for a juicy, full of flavor meat skewer recipe. Ideal for outdoor eating, and easy to prepare.
Sticky Sweet Chinese Chicken Wings. Be sure to make more than you need! These always go fast. A great side or main for a family dinner or party, buffet etc. You can also use the marinade and make great ribs. Perfect!
Best Ever Pico De Gallo, Salsa Fresca, a delicious Mexican salsa, quick and easy to make with refreshing flavors of lime, jalapenos, tomatoes, and cilantro. Absolutely delicious!
Cauliflower and Pea Salad, a delicious popular creamy salad, ideal for a picnic or side dish to any meal. Very easy recipe with a homemade dressing sauce.
Delicious Coconut Corn, fresh corn simmered in a rich and creamy coconut broth gives a wonderfully sweet, tropical flavor to a perfect side dish.
Fruity Nice Cream, made with just fruit, this is a delicious dessert anyone can make! No ice cream maker necessary!
Easy Melon Ice Cream,An easy recipe with a great refreshing flavor. Egg free, creamy and delicious!
Easy Strawberry Ice Cream,An easy recipe with a great refreshing flavor. Egg free, creamy and delicious!