Coconut Corn. Corn cooked in a rich and creamy coconut broth gives a wonderful flavor to a perfect side dish.
Coconut Corn! Oh boy! Most of you will know that Lovefoodies is a huge fan of anything coconut, so when we saw lots of fresh corn in the grocers on offer we decided to get experimental and come up with some different ways to add flavor to the corn. This is one of them. It was so delicious. I mean REALLY REALLY delicious, that it is worth sharing.
The recipe and ingredients are very simple and straightforward, but the result is a rich, creamy coconut explosion with every bite!
This delicious coconut corn can be served alongside a BBQ, for example, you could cook as the instructions below then finish off on the hot coals for an extra flavor dimension or simply serve as they are. The coconut corn below was pre done as the recipe then added to the BBQ ready for serving once the meat was cooked.
I love this recipe because it’s so simple yet packs a huge flavor. You could make these ahead and wrap in foil and warm through in the oven or grill if you’d like to make ahead.
Some other suggestions would be to slice the corn in to finger food sized servings and pop on a plate and serve at a party or buffet, or keep warm in a slow cooker once cooked and take to a potluck!
The coconut combined with the butter and milk add a wonderful flavor to this cocnut corn!
Please do enjoy our delicious Coconut Corn!
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Serves: 4 – 6 cobs
4 – 6 Fresh Corn Cobs
2 Tablespoons Butter
1 can Coconut Milk
Same amount Fresh Milk (use the empty coconut can to measure amount)
Salt & Pepper (be generous with the salt)
1/2 Cup Shredded Coconut
1. In a large saucepan add the coconut milk and fresh milk, together with the remaining ingredients and bring to a simmer.
3. Serve on a plate and using a slotted spoon, scoop out some of the shredded coconut and arrange over the corn.
** At this point, you could also wrap the corn in foil and keep warm on the BBQ or in the oven until serving
We’d love to hear from you and what you thought of our Coconut Corn recipe. Did you make any changes or add some other goodies? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
Here are some more lovely recipes for you to try
- 4 - 6 Fresh Corn Cobs
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 can Coconut Milk
- Same amount Fresh Milk use the empty coconut can to measure amount
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Coconut
- In a large saucepan add the coconut milk and fresh milk, together with the remaining ingredients and bring to a simmer.
- Add the corn and place the lid on the pan and allow to slowly simmer for 25 - 30 Minutes or until tender to your liking.
- Serve on a plate and using a slotted spoon, scoop out some of the shredded coconut and arrange over the corn.