Pecan Maple Cake. This is a lovely, soft, moist cake with delicious pecans and maple syrup. Easy to make and perfect for a celebration! This is an amazing cake. Here we have a wonderful recipe which anyone can make at home very easily. It's straight forward and the results are stunning.
The flavors are of course made up of pecan nuts and maple syrup. The cake itself is soft, fluffy, moist and sweet. Add the frosting and you've got a lovely cake for a celebration!
Here, our friend Carina shares her pecan maple cake recipe and she recently made this for her hubby's birthday. It went down a treat and of course, since it was so popular at the party, it's a recipe worth sharing.
The cake is very sweet, so if you prefer a slightly less sweet cake, feel free to reduce the thickness of frosting you use on the cake, or perhaps reduce the sugar quantity in the cake itself by around 25 %. The cake will still taste absolutely wonderful so adapt to your own taste.
So thank you to Carina for sharing your pecan maple cake recipe and everyone please enjoy!
Recipe By: Carina Duclos
Check out our handy Oven Temperature Conversion Guide!
10 - 12 slices
⅔ cup or 170 g of soft butter
1 ⅓ cups or 265 g white sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 ½ tsp maple extract
2 cups or 250 g flour
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 cup or 235 ml milk
1 ½ cups or 215 g pecans
¾ cup or 170 g cream cheese
4 tbsp butter, room temperature.
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 ½ cups or 420 g confectioners sugar
4 Tablespoons Maple syrup, divided
1. Preheat oven to 350 F or 180 C.
2. Mix butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at the time and mix between additions. Add vanilla and maple extracts.
3. In a separate bowl mix the flour, baking powder and salt. Add half of the flour to the egg mix, then half of the milk, then half of flour and half of milk.
4. Separate the cake batter in to two greased baking pans. I used two squares 9 x 9 inches.
5. Place in the oven and bake for about 25 minutes. Check it may take a little longer or less depending on your oven.
6. Allow the cakes to cool for 5 minutes then remove from pans and turn on to cooling racks. Completely cool before assembly and frosting.
7. Assemble the cake: Place one cake on your serving dish. Using HALF of the maple syrup, sprinkle it over the top of the cake. Meanwhile, make the frosting.
8. Prepare the frosting by beating together cream cheese, butter and vanilla, then add the sugar. Beat until smooth and creamy.
9. Spread a layer of frosting over the top of the first cake then sprinkle half of the pecans on top.
10. Add the second cake on top of the pecans. Use the remaining maple syrup and sprinkle over the top of the second layer of cake, wait a few minutes for the syrup to absorb in to the cake, then apply the frosting to the top and around the sides of the cake. Sprinkle the remaining pecans over the cake as you wish.
Notes: The frosting amount is to make thick layers so if you don't want so much, simply reduce the quantity or use any extra frosting for another creation! It will keep in the fridge nicely for a few days.
We'd love to hear from you and what you thought of our post. Did you make any changes or add some other goodies? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
Pecan Maple Cake
Pecan Maple Cake. This is a lovely, soft, moist cake with delicious pecans and maple syrup. Easy to make and perfect for a celebration!
- ⅔ cup or 170 g of soft butter
- 1 ⅓ cups or 265 g white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ tsp maple extract
- 2 cups or 250 g flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup or 235 ml milk
- 1 ½ cups or 215 g pecans
- ¾ cup or 170 g cream cheese
- 4 tbsp butter, room temperature.
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 ½ cups or 420 g confectioners sugar
- 4 Tablespoons Maple syrup, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 F or 180 C.
- Mix butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at the time and mix between additions. Add vanilla and maple extracts
- In a separate bowl mix the flour, baking powder and salt. Add half of the flour to the egg mix, then half of the milk, then half of flour and half of milk.
- Separate the cake batter in to two greased baking pans. I used two squares 9 x 9 inches
- Place in the oven and bake for about 25 minutes. Check it may take a little longer or less depending on your oven.
- Allow the cakes to cool for 5 minutes then remove from pans and turn on to cooling racks. Completely cool before assembly and frosting.
- Assemble the cake: Place one cake on your serving dish. Using HALF of the maple syrup, sprinkle it over the top of the cake. Meanwhile, make the frosting.
- Prepare the frosting by beating together cream cheese, butter and vanilla,…then add the sugar. Beat until smooth and creamy.
- Spread a layer of frosting over the top of the first cake then sprinkle half of the pecans on top.
- Add the second cake on top of the pecans. Use the remaining maple syrup and sprinkle over the top of the second layer of cake, wait a few minutes for the syrup to absorb in to the cake, then apply the frosting to the top and around the sides of the cake. Sprinkle the remaining pecans over the cake as you wish.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 654Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 103mgSodium: 375mgCarbohydrates: 82gFiber: 2gSugar: 62gProtein: 7g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate
Here's a great selection of celebration cakes perfect for a party!
Cranberry and Pecan Christmas Cake, loaded with delicious fruits and Spiced Rum. A perfect treat for Christmas.
Coffee Walnut Sandwich Cake.
The best coffee and walnut cake, a classic British afternoon tea cake, layers of soft and fluffy coffee cake with chopped walnuts throughout, adds a great flavor and texture, frosted with coffee cream cheese frosting. A pure delight to eat!
Authentic German Black Forest Swiss Roll, a light sponge cake famous in Germany. Layers of chocolate cake, cherries, kirsch & fresh whipped cream in a cake roll.
Salted Caramel Celebration Cake is perfect for a party. Homemade layers of soft caramel cake and layers of salted caramel frosting then topped with chocolate covered pretzels and salted caramel popcorn.
Walnut Cake is a delicious easy recipe. the cake is so soft and fluffy! Recipe also for a lovely vanilla frosting.
Orange or Clementine Ricotta Cheesecake. A lovely crustless baked dessert. Light and airy cheesecake, topped with zesty sweet homemade orange curd and fresh whipped cream.
Celebration Coconut Cake.
Perfect for a celebration, this coconut cake is made up of layers of soft coconut cake sandwiched between lemon curd then frosted with a light and airy coconut frosting.
Toasted Coconut Cupcakes.
Deliciously light and fluffy coconut cupcakes, with a coconut cream cheese frosting. Simple easy recipe for how to make perfect, moist cupcakes, ideal for parties and celebrations
Honey Bun Cupcakes are lovely and soft with great flavors of cinnamon and brown sugar and topped with a homemade honey buttercream frosting
Cherry Almond Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting is a lovely soft cake and great tasting. Perfect for parties too!
Coffee Walnut Cake
Coffee Walnut Cake is a deliciously easy soft and fluffy cake recipe. Recipe also for a lovely vanilla coffee frosting. A nice cake for the holidays!
How To Make A Basic Chocolate Loaf Cake
A simple, easy chocolate loaf cake recipe is moist, rich and chocolatey. Perfect for new cooks and is a go to basic recipe
The Famous Hummingbird Cake! A very popular soft and moist cake with pecans, bananas, pineapples, and a delicious frosting too!
Strawberry and Coconut Poke Cake with Fresh Whipped Cream. Easy made from scratch recipe. Yummy!
Fluffy Lemon Ricotta Cheesecake is a lovely baked dessert and so light and airy. Perfect for Easter, Mother's Day or any time of the year! It's out of this world delicious!
Easy Red Velvet Party Cake recipe with a lovely cream cheese frosting. Soft, fluffy and so delicious! Make as a sheet or round cake, you decide
Chocolate Latte Cake. A soft and moist cake with the flavors of a latte coffee and a hit of chocolate for good measure! Nice and easy recipe too!
Strawberry and Vanilla Cake. A soft and moist cake bursting with delicious strawberry and vanilla flavors. It tastes out of this world!
Authentic German Black Forest Cake, Schwarzwalder Kirschtorte is a delicious cake famous in Germany. Layers of chocolate cake, black cherries and kirsch. Perfect for a party!
Carrot Cake Cheesecake. Simply a Show Stopping Wow!
Caramel Marshmallow Cake, soft, moist cake recipe, with caramel and marshmallows and topped with a fresh whipped cream frosting. Great for celebrations, parties and dessert
Tiramisu Pound Cake, a soft and delicious pound cake with all the flavors of a Tiramisu! It's even got a mascarpone frosting. This will go fast so be sure to make two!
Pineapple and Coconut Poke Cake.
A delicious pineapple combined with creamy coconut cake recipe, topped with fresh whipped cream and more coconut, making a soft and fluffy great tasting tropical cake
Italian Cream Cake is a delicious tender made from scratch cake bursting with coconut, vanilla, and pecans, with cream cheese frosting. A perfect celebration cake
Almond Joy Cake. A delicious chocolate cake with almond and a coconut frosting. Always a hit and so popular!
Nanny's Chocolate Fudge Brownie Cake is a keeper recipe! Easy to make and perfect for chocolate lover's.This is also freezer friendly if you wanted to make into portions or make ahead for a party!
White Chocolate Salted Caramel Cheesecake is a delicious baked cheesecake, rich and creamy with a white chocolate filling and a salted caramel topping. Easy to make.
Limoncello Tiramisu. A delicious twist on the classic Italian coffee tiramisu dessert using blueberries, lemon, and limoncello, all homemade and perfect for parties.
Strawberry Shortcake Cake, a wonderful refreshing classic sponge cake packed with fresh strawberries and a whipped cream frosting.
What if you want a 3 layer cake?