Oh these are good! Cola Ribs, always so popular with a crowd! Use beef or pork ribs, and grill or oven, you choose. A very nice and easy recipe with great flavors
Donna's Cola Ribs! What more can I say! You only have to look at the photo to know these are going to be just awesome!
Our friend, Donna has shared her recipe, and here's what she says about it; "I have been making this ribs for years and everyone who tries them wants the recipe. I have always made them with beef ribs but I know others who have tried pork and said they were good too."
These Cola Ribs are very popular. We've had great feedback and people have said they've pre-marinated and taken along to tailgating parties, BBQ's and other gatherings.
These beef ribs work well either on the grill or the oven, so if it pours down with rain, you won't get caught out because these cook very nicely baked.
So when it comes to the cooler months, or perhaps at Thanksgiving time, you could make a batch of ribs as part of your buffet and I am sure your diners will be pleased!
The recipe itself is very easy, and most if not all of the ingredients should be readily available, you will most likely have many of the ingredients in your store cupboard already.
We've got a great selection of BBQ recipes which you can find here. There's definitely something for everyone to suit all tastes so be sure to take a look.
So let's get straight to the recipe and see how we make Donna's delicious cola ribs. Please enjoy!
Recipe from Donna Smith
4 - 6 persons
6 lbs beef ribs, cut into serving pieces *** you can choose for pork ribs too!
2 - 4 litres Classic Coke
1 cup / 240 g apple sauce
2 cups / 400 g brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt and pepper
3 cloves pressed garlic, 1 Tablespoon
½ cup / 120 g ketchup
6 Tablespoons lemon juice
½ teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon cinnamon
1. Place the ribs in a large pot and cover with Coke. Bring to a boil then simmer for 20 minutes.
2. Pre-heat oven to 300 F / 150 C / Gas 2
3. Mix remaining ingredients together in a medium pot and heat to boiling. Simmer for 5 minutes. Place ribs on a grill pan and baste with half the mixture. Bake for 45 minutes, basting every 10 minutes.
4. Pre-heat BBQ grill for 10 minutes. Cook about 10 minutes while flipping and basting on each side until ribs are crisp. Watch carefully, they will burn very easily.
We'd love to hear from you and what you thought of our cola ribs recipe. Did you make any changes or add some other goodies? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
- 6 lbs beef ribs, cut into serving pieces *** you can choose for pork ribs too!
- 2 - 4 litres Classic Coke
- 1 cup / 240 g apple sauce
- 2 cups / 400 g brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 3 cloves pressed garlic, 1 Tablespoon
- ½ cup / 120 g ketchup
- 6 Tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Place the ribs in a large pot and cover with Coke. Bring to a boil then simmer for 20 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 300 F / 150 C / Gas 2
- Mix remaining ingredients together in a medium pot and heat to boiling. Simmer for 5 minutes. Place ribs on a grill pan and baste with half the mixture. Bake for 45 minutes, basting every 10 minutes.
- Pre-heat BBQ grill for 10 minutes. Cook about 10 minutes while flipping and basting on each side until ribs are crisp. Watch carefully, they will burn very easily.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Coleman Rolling Cooler | 50 Quart Xtreme 5 Day Cooler with Wheels | Wheeled Hard Cooler Keeps Ice Up to 5 Days, Black
Lodge LPGI3 Pro-Grid Iron Reversible Grill/Griddle, 10.5' x 20', Black (Renewed)
Cuisinart CNP-411 Simply Grilling Nonstick Grilling Platter , Black
COOKINA B1OLD Barbecue Reusable and Non-Stick Grilling Sheet, Black
Sorbus Non-Stick Rib Rack – Porcelain Coated Steel Roasting Stand – Holds 4 Rib Racks for Grilling & Barbecuing (Black)
Luxear Wireless Remote Meat Thermometer Instant Read Digital Kitchen Cooking Thermometer with Large LCD Dual Probe Food Thermometer for Smoker Oven Kitchen Candy BBQ Grill 100 Feet Range
OlarHike 25PCS BBQ Grill Accessories Tools Set, Stainless Steel Grilling Kit with Oxford Cloth Case for Smoker/Camping/Kitchen, Barbecue Utensil for Men Women with Thermometer and Meat Injector
#1 BEST Vegetable Grill Basket - BBQ Accessories for Grilling Veggies, Fish, Meat, Kabob, or Pizza - Use as Wok, Pan, or Smoker - Quality Stainless Steel - Camping Cookware - Charcoal or Gas Grills OK
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 6
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 500Total Fat: 131gSaturated Fat: 52gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 60gCholesterol: 387mgSodium: 721mgCarbohydrates: 152gFiber: 1gSugar: 144gProtein: 105g