Slow Cooker Nuts and Bolts. A very easy recipe and so flexible, you can adjust according to your taste, and add different seasonings and ingredients. Lots of suggestions in the recipe for you to enjoy!
Slow Cooker Nuts and Bolts. This recipe is so popular and perfect for your slow cooker, multi cooker / Instantpot too!
This delicious recipe has been generously shared by one of our Lovefoodies supporters, Michele Stuart.
This is a great recipe for over the holidays, such as Thanksgiving and Christmas time when you may have a crowd coming over and want to make up a few snacks to serve with a drink or two. You can make it kid-friendly, or even make up a few batches with different seasonings.
We've got lots of other treats and candy too for you to enjoy so please do take a look and save any that take your fancy!
Here, Michele has made her Slow Cooker Nuts & Bolts. It's a very easy recipe and so flexible, you can adjust according to your taste, and add different seasonings and ingredients.
Below the ingredients, you will find a variety of suggestions of what to add, so go as wild as your imagination will allow! You'll find that most of the ingredients and flavor suggestions listed below will probably be in your store cupboard already and if not, improvise and add things you love the most!
Recipe by Michele Stuart
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Yield: 8 Quart Crock pot
6 cups Cereal
4 cups Crunchy treats
2 1/2 cups Nuts & seeds
3 cups cheerios
1/4 cups melted butter
3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
Suggestions for ingredients:
Cereals: Shredded wheat square, crispy corn and rice cereal shreddies, rice squares
Crunchy Treats: pretzels, cheese square crackers, corn chips, Chowmein noodles, Bagel Chips, gold fish
Nuts and Seeds: Almonds, peanuts, cashews, mixed nuts, pecans, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds
Seasonings: garlic powder, onion powder and sea salt or taco mix, ranch powder dressing
1. Spray or light oil the pot in the slow cooker
2. Put all the cereals, crunchy treats and nuts in a big slow cooker
3. Melt butter and add Worcestershire Sauce, spices and pour over the cereals and mix well
4. Cook for 1 1/2 hours on high uncovered, stir every 30 mins to combine
We'd love to hear from you and what you thought of our slow cooker nuts and bolts recipe. Did you make any changes or add some other goodies? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
Here are some more lovely recipes for you to try
- 6 cups Cereal
- 4 cups Crunchy treats
- 2 1/2 cups Nuts & seeds
- 3 cups cheerios
- 1/4 cups melted butter
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Spray or light oil the pot in the slow cooker
- Put all the cereals, crunchy treats and nuts in a big slow cooker
- Melt butter and add Worcestershire Sauce, spices and pour over the cereals and mix well
- Cook for 1 1/2 hours on high uncovered, stir every 30 mins to combine