Easy Manicotti - No more trying to stuff those pesky Manicotti tubes. A quick and easy pasta dinner recipe using 3 cheeses and a delicious pasta sauce.
Jeanette is a busy mom to say the least! So she is always looking for ways to make her meals easy, quicker and of course tasty.
Here with Jeanette's Easy Manicotti, she has made it really simple, and there's no need to do the fiddly stuffing of the Manicotti.
This recipe uses lasagna sheets instead of the large pasta tubes, and it's just a case of mixing the cheeses together to make the filling and rolling the pasta sheets. Far easier than trying to stuff pasta tubes with filling! This cheesy pasta dish is then baked in a lovely pasta sauce, and you can simply serve this in it's baking dish at the table, or serve on plates as usual.
It's a great recipe for taking to a potluck, or if you have friends over! Serve with some of our easy garlic bread too! Delicious!
See how Jeanette makes this tasty family meal!
Recipe from Jeanette Neumann-Melone
6 cups or 1.4 liters of your favorite pasta sauce (I used about 2 x 24 oz jars of Barilla tomato basil)
2 x 15 oz containers part-skim ricotta cheese
2 cups or 200 g grated/shredded Parmesan cheese.
3 cups or 300 g shredded mozzarella cheese
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
¾ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
a handful of chopped flat-leaf parsley (about ¼ cup chopped)
1 Box Barilla no-boil lasagna noodles
1. Soak lasagna noodles in boiling water in 9 x 13 baking dish for about 5 minutes or until soft. Gently peel the noodles away from each other. (if you tear a few no big deal no one is going to notice). Set to dry on kitchen towel or paper towels.
2. Mix ricotta, half of Parmesan, 2 cups of the mozzarella, eggs, salt, pepper, and parsley in a medium bowl
3. Pour 2 cups of sauce on the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish to coat the bottom.
4. Take one softened lasagna noodle and put about ¼ cup of the cheese filling on the bottom, covering ¾ of the noodle, and roll up like a sausage shape.
Do the same for the remaining noodles and add them to the baking dish.
5. Pour remaining sauce over all the pasta - top with remaining mozzarella cheese and parmesan.
Cover and bake at 375 F / 190 C / Gas 5 for 40 minutes.
After 40 minutes, uncover and bake for an additional 20 mins or until cheese is melted and pasta is hot and bubbly.
We'd love to hear from you and what you thought of our post. Did you make any changes or add some other goodies? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
- 6 cups or 1.4 litres of your favourite pasta sauce, I used about 2 x 24 oz jars of Barilla tomato basil
- 2 x 15oz containers part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 cups or 200 g grated/shredded Parmesan cheese. I use fresh not powder stuff but I'm sure it would work too.
- 3 cups or 300 g shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 Box Barilla no-boil lasagna noodles
- Soak lasagna noodles in boiling water in a 9x13 baking dish for about 5 minutes or until soft. Gently peel the noodles away from each other (if you tear a few no big deal no one is going to notice)
- Set to dry on kitchen towel or paper towels.
- Mix ricotta, half of the Parmesan, 2 cups of the mozzarella, eggs, salt, pepper, and parsley in medium bowl
- Pour 2 cups of the pasta sauce on the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish to coat the bottom.
- Take one softened lasagna noodle and put about ¼ cup of the cheese filling on the bottom to cover ¾ of the noodle and roll up like a sausage shape.
- Do the same for remaining noodles and add to the baking dish.
- Pour remaining sauce over all the pasta - top with the remaining mozzarella cheese and parmesan.
- Cover and bake at 375F / 190 C / Gas 5 for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 20mins or until cheese is melted and pasta is hot and bubbly.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 497Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 125mgSodium: 1623mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 5gSugar: 13gProtein: 36g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate