Deluxe Chicken Salad Wraps. Oh boy! These are so delicious. The filling is made up of left over roast chicken, creamy mayonnaise and herbed cream cheese and a good measure of crispy salad items. Oh… and let’s not forget the sneaky chopped bacon thrown in for extra measure!
These wraps are incredibly easy to make, and would be perfect for party food, game days, lunches and so on. You can make these ahead, either entirely, or just make up the filling and refrigerate until you’re ready for serving. They don’t take long at all to assemble. You can cut them in to small pieces if serving for a party, or simply cut each wrap in half and have yourself for lunch!
For the ingredients, feel free to ‘eyeball’ the measures to suit how you want the filling to taste. You do need the creaminess of the mayonnaise and cream cheese to act as a binder for the filling, so make sure you add enough so it will all hold together.
Use whatever salad items you like the most. You could make up a variety of wraps if serving for a party, perhaps some chicken or turkey ones, and some salmon ones. Really, this recipe is as flexible as your imagination will allow!
As for the chicken, I’ve used left over roast chicken, but you can use rotisserie chicken, or indeed turkey from your left over Thanksgiving or Christmas meal.
So feel free to play around with the flavours and enjoy!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: Nil
Serves: 2 – 6 (depending on if appetizer, party food or a lunch!)
1 1/2 cups Leftover cooked chicken
1 slice cooked bacon, chopped
1 Tomato, chopped
1/4 Cucumber, chopped
Small handful Arugla
1 Scallion/ spring onion, chopped
2-4 Tablespoons Mayonnaise
1 Tablespoon Herbed Cream Cheese , room temperature
1 1/2 teaspoons Mustard of your choice
salt and pepper
2 – 3 Tortilla Wraps.
1. Place the chicken in a mixing bowl. use your hands to break in to small bite sized pieces.
2. Add the remaining ingredients and combine. Taste then add salt and pepper to your liking.
4. Slice in to small pieces and arrange on a plate, seam side down.
5. For best results, cover in pastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow the filling to firm up a little.
This is very flexible, so feel free to add sweetcorn, red onion, pickles and so on. Depending on your budget and what you have to hand, you may want to bulk the wraps out with more salad items than chicken. It’s up to you!
We’d love to hear from you and what you thought of our post. Did you make any changes or add some other goodies? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
- 1 1/2 cups Leftover cooked chicken
- 1 slice cooked bacon chopped
- 1 Tomato chopped
- 1/4 Cucumber chopped
- Small handful Arugla
- 1 Scallion/ spring onion chopped
- 2-4 Tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon Herbed Cream Cheese room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Mustard of your choice
- salt and pepper
- 2 - 3 Tortilla Wraps
- Place the chicken in a mixing bowl. use your hands to break in to small bite sized pieces.
- Add the remaining ingredients and combine. Taste then add salt and pepper to your liking.
- Place a tortilla wrap on a plate and spread some of the chicken filling along the wrap and simply roll. Roll as tight as possible to avoid the filling becoming loose.
- Slice in to small pieces and arrange on a plate, seam side down.
- For best results, cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow the filling to firm up a little.