Bacon Wrapped Dates make for wonderful party food or part of a Tapas meal and incredibly easy to make. The sweet and salty flavor combination is so delicious! These are a lovely little addition to party food! The bacon is crispy, salty and when you bite into one of these, you get a combination of the bacon and the soft, chewy, sweet date inside.
They're incredibly easy to make and below, I give you options to bake in the oven or simply pan fry. Either way, it's easy, just choose whatever is more convenient for you! For example, if you were making a huge batch for a party, or perhaps a Wedding, then we would suggest you use the oven method for ease.
The photos you see here were taken when I served a Tapas night party for some friends..... and yes, these little morsels were the first to disappear! I only made 12 of them, but I have doubled up the recipe because clearly, 12 was NOT ENOUGH!
Are bacon-wrapped dates nice to eat?
As far as people who say they don't like dates....persuade them to try one of these and they will eat their words! These are truly magical and enjoyed by all!
It may sound like a strange combination, but sweet and salty definitely work in this case.
The dates also add a slightly sticky chewy texture, and the bacon is crispy and salty. You really need to try one first and then you'll see exactly what I mean when I say these are delicious!
Ingredients you'll need
- Pitted Dates
- Bacon slices (streaky Bacon)
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F if you wish to bake.
2. Slice the bacon in half and wrap each date with half a piece of bacon and secure with a toothpick if necessary.
3. If pan-frying, heat pan, (no need to add oil), place the bacon-wrapped dates in the pan on a high heat, and toss frequently until the bacon is nice and crispy.
Place on a baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes, turning halfway so they are browned and crispy on all sides.
We'd love to hear from you and what you thought of our post. Did you make any changes or add some other goodies? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
These Spanish Garlic Mushrooms are a good accompaniment as part of your Tapas too.
- 20 Pitted Dates
- 1 lb or 10 slices Bacon, streaky Bacon
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F if you wish to bake.
- Slice the bacon in half and wrap each date with half a piece of bacon and secure with a toothpick if necessary.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes, turning halfway so they are browned and crispy on all sides. If pan frying, heat pan, (no need to add oil), place the bacon dates in the pan on a high heat and toss frequently until the bacon is nice and crispy.
- Serve warm.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 55Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 126mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 3g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate