Three Cheese Stuffed Manicotti - A great tasting easy recipe and freezer friendly too! Delicious pasta stuffed with cheese and baked in a tomato sauce.
This delicious recipe has been generously shared by one of our great cooks, Simone.
When I first saw Simone's photos of what she had been cooking for her family I was drooling!
This particular recipe, Three Cheese Stuffed Manicotti is just one of many delicious recipes Simone has developed and we're all so grateful at Lovefoodies that Simone has taken the time to share her tasty secrets!
Together with this recipe, Simone tells me she serves this dish with her homemade bread rolls, and yes, Simone has also kindly shared that recipe with us too!
So without further ado, let's meet Simone and her Manicotti recipe!
Recipe from Simone Logozzo
15 -30 minutes approx
1 container low fat cottage cheese
½ cup or 50 g shredded mozzarella cheese (save a little to sprinkle on the top before you put it in the oven)
½ cup or 50 g grated parmesan cheese
1 beaten egg
1-2 tablespoons of parsley
1 teaspoon oregano
Salt and pepper to taste
8-10 manicotti cooked according to package
1 -1 & ½ cups or 240 ml - 350 ml Tomato sauce or make your own.
1. Preheat oven 375F or 190C or Gas 5
2. Cook the manicotti and place on a greased cookie sheet.
3. Meanwhile, mix together all the other ingredients.
4. Gently stuff the cheese filling into the manicotti (I put the stuffing into a ziplock bag and snip off one corner, so I can just pipe it directly into the pasta).
5. Place the stuffed manicotti in a greased 9 x 13 dish and cover it with tomato sauce (I make my own tomato sauce, but store bought is fine as well).
6. Spread some extra mozzarella on top.Cover the dish with foil and then uncover for a few minutes near the end to crisp the cheese on top.
7. Bake in the oven at 375 until its heated through. (Depending on how many you are making, 15 - 30 minutes)
This recipe can be made ahead of time. Or you can even stuff the manicotti and freeze them for another day. All you have to do is take them out of the freezer, pour sauce over frozen manicotti and bake until heated through.
This is a great go-to recipe for families that are on the run, easy to put together and great for a rainy day!!
By the way, this is a low fat option...you can also use ricotta in place of the cottage cheese (there really is no difference in taste so I always use the low fat option)
I always make this with my rolls recipe.
Make Simone's Soft Bread Rolls to go with your dinner!
We'd love to hear from you and what you thought of our recipe. Did you make any changes or add some other ingredients? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
Three Cheese Stuffed Manicotti
Three Cheese Stuffed Manicotti - A great tasting easy recipe and freezer friendly too! Delicious pasta stuffed with cheese and baked in a homemade tomato sauce
- 1 container low fat cottage cheese
- ½ cup or 50 g shredded mozzarella cheese, save a little to sprinkle on the top before you put it in the oven
- ½ cup or 50 g grated parmesan cheese
- 1 beaten egg
- 1-2 tablespoons of parsley
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8-10 manicotti cooked according to package
- 1 -1 & ½ cups or 240 ml - 350 ml Tomato sauce or make your own.
- Preheat oven 375F or 190C or Gas 5
- Cook the manicotti and place on a greased cookie sheet. Meanwhile, mix together all the other ingredients.
- Gently stuff the cheese filling into the manicotti (I put the stuffing into a ziplock bag and snip off one corner, so I can just pipe it directly into the pasta).
- Place the stuffed manicottis in a greased 9 x 13 dish and cover with tomato sauce (I make my own tomato sauce, but store bought is fine as well).
- Spread some extra mozzarella on top.Cover the dish with foil and then uncover for a few minutes near the end to crisp the cheese on top.
- Bake in the oven at 375 until its heated through. (Depending on how many you are making, 15 - 30 minutes)
This is a low fat option...you can also use ricotta in place of the cottage cheese (there really is no difference in taste so I always use the low fat option)
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 707Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 229mgSodium: 2140mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 5gSugar: 12gProtein: 48g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate
Delicious Pasta Recipes
Here's a great selection of delicious pasta recipes for you to enjoy!
Garlic Meatballs and Pasta, homemade juicy meatballs with spaghetti, coated in a delicious sauce, tasty & easy recipe. Great for weeknight dinners!
Cheesy Beef and Spinach Pasta Bake.
Delicious oven-baked beef and spinach pasta casserole, baked in a rich cheese roux sauce to give you a great dinner. Easy to make and very tasty!
Easy Chili Pasta Bake, a great easy recipe and freezer friendly too! Use up your leftover chili and create a new dinner idea
Tasty Chicken, Bacon & Spinach Pasta. Quick and Easy and oh so delicious!
Creamy Garlic Seafood Pasta, a delicious quick and easy meal, with a delicious creamy white wine sauce.
This Celebration Breakfast Casserole is a full breakfast, brunch or supper time dish, loaded with mac n cheese, baby meatballs and bacon, comfort food at its best!
Bacon and Crab Mac n Cheese is a delicious side or main dish, with a rich creamy cheese sauce and amazing flavors from smokey bacon and crabmeat. Really tasty!
Mac N Cheese Party Bites are a great little snack, perfect for parties and snacks. No frying either! Macaroni, cheese, bacon and crabmeat in delicious panko breadcrumbs. YUMMY!
Mac N Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms is so delicious! Easy to make and great for parties or as an appetizer. Baked mushrooms stuffed with a creamy macaroni and cheese filling with bacon too!
Simple Spaghetti Bolognese, an easy dinner using fresh ingredients and full of flavor, with a homemade tomato sauce
Cod with Bacon Pasta is a very quick and easy recipe, with great flavor and that bacon goes so well!
Bacon and Asparagus Pasta Salad is a lovely simple dish, served warm or chilled as a main or side dish. Goes perfect with a BBQ too!
Beef Stroganoff is always a family favourite!It's quick, easy and flexible so you could use chicken or pork if you preferred.The sauce is a lovely rich, creamy mouthful of deliciousness and this meal goes wonderfully with rice or pasta.
Chicken, Garlic and Spinach Lasagna, layers of tender chicken, spinach and pasta sheets with a creamy cheesy sauce, baked until golden. Easy recipe and freezer friendly
Luxury Mac n Cheese. Great flavors and easy to make! serve as an appetizer, main or side. You choose!
Classic Italian Spaghetti Carbonara with cheese and bacon. A cheesy pasta dish, easy to make & a family favorite.
Easy Stovetop Mac n Cheese in 3 simple steps. Perfect for a quick side or main dish.
Easy American Hamburger Goulash.
This is an easy recipe for how to make cheesy hamburger goulash, using pasta, ground meat,melted cheese and vegetables, cooked on the stove top. Pure comfort food using fresh ingredients.
Easy Chicken Noodle Soup.
This easy chicken noodle soup is made from scratch using fresh ingredients, full of flavor. Noodles, chicken, potatoes, carrots and celery cooked in a tasty broth
Stovetop Lasagna. A great easy recipe with Italian sausage, 3 kinds of cheese and spinach, and heaps of flavor. A perfect one-pan supper recipe
Nanny's Spaghetti Sauce and Meatballs (with Italian Sausage too!) is a popular recipe with her family. The grandkids absolutely love it! Easy to make, freezer-friendly, and always a hit!
Easy Manicotti - No more trying to stuff those pesky Manicotti tubes. A quick and easy pasta dinner recipe using 3 cheeses and a delicious pasta sauce.
What size container cottage cheese
Hi Annette, it’s just the regular size container so it’ll be about 8oz
Does 1 container of the cottage cheese mean the 16oz or 24oz container?
How many cups of cottage cheese? Containers come in several sizes.
This looks so delicious can meat be added into this recipe.
Hi Emberly, yes, of course meat can be added. I would use ground meat, fry it off with some chopped onions, let it cool then mix it in with the cheese and add it in the tubes. You might have to make sure you cut a hole big enough in your ziplock bag so the filling can pass through easily. Sounds delicious with meat :)