This delicious recipe has been generously shared by one of our Lovefoodies supporters, Cathy Kopp. Cathy is always cooking delicious Home made dishes, and just loves to cook.
Here, Cathy’s Hot Diggity Dog recipe is a fun way of making hot dogs!
They are in fact Cheesy Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs, and of course these are always a real hit with the family! Serve up with some great salads and away you go!
Thanks Cathy for showing us one of your favourite family recipes.
Recipe by Cathy Kopp
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
8 hot dogs
3 slices American cheese, cut into strips
16 slices precooked bacon
8 hot dog buns
1. Preheat oven to 450.
2. Slit hot dogs lengthwise down the middle, but not all the way through. Stuff cheese strips into slit. Wrap 2 slices of bacon around each hot dog, securing with toothpicks.
3. Bake hot dogs for 10 minutes in the oven. Serve in buns with desired toppings.
4. Or cook on a hot grill until bacon is crispy on all sides.
I used Bun Length hot dogs. I’m really not sure why all hot dogs aren’t bun length. Doesn’t make sense.
I stuffed each hot dog with American cheese and wrapped each dog in two slices of precooked bacon. You can use any cheese you like. I used American cheese because it melts so much better than other cheeses. I also highly suggest using the precooked bacon (or cook it yourself) so the bacon gets nice and crispy. I am not a fan of chewy bacon!
The dogs can be prepared ahead of time and baked when you are ready for them.
- 8 hot dogs
- 3 slices American cheese cut into strips
- 16 slices precooked bacon
- 8 hot dog buns
Preheat oven to 450.
Slit hot dogs lengthwise down the middle, but not all the way through. Stuff cheese strips into slit. Wrap 2 slices of bacon around each hot dog, securing with toothpicks.
Bake hot dogs for 10 minutes in the oven. Serve in buns with desired toppings.
Or cook on a hot grill until bacon is crispy on all sides.