Oh goodness! This is a wonderful recipe. Very easy and fuss free and perfect for making ahead.
Microwave Peanut Brittle is an old recipe shared bu Vickie Harpel Butler. Vickie says the original recipe came with the instruction book on her Sharp Carousel Microwave in 1981. Whilst the microwave itself has long gone now, the recipe still remains a family favorite with Vickie and every Christmas, Vickie makes her Peanut Brittle. It’s certainly a very popular recipe and has been made year after year, and is very much loved.
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Serves: 9 x 13 Pan
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1-1/2 cups shelled raw peanuts
1 Tablespoon butter
1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Heavily butter a baking sheet that has been covered with foil.
2. Combine sugar, corn syrup and salt in a 9 Inch square casserole dish then stir in peanuts.
**Please note, if the dish is too large for your microwave, you can make this in batches with a dish that suits the capacity of your microwave.
3. Microwave at 100% until light brown, 8-10 minutes, stirring once or twice throughout cooking time. May take longer depending upon your microwave.
4. Stir in remaining ingredients until light and foamy. Quickly spread on greased foil in pan. Spread as thinly as possible for brittle candy.
5. Cool then break into pieces and store in an airtight container.
We’d love to hear from you and what you thought of our post. Did you make any changes or add some other goodies? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!