Sweet and Spicy Pulled Beef. Slow-cooked tender beef in a delicious sauce, simply served on a warm ciabatta roll makes for a perfect meal!
Here, I've made a really tasty recipe, inspired by our friend Cathy's French Dip recipe.
I tried Cathy's recipe and loved it so much, I decided to make something a little similar, only kick it up a notch or two with a few of my favorite spices.
In the photos, I served the pulled beef quite simply, on a toasted ciabatta roll, and fried a few mushrooms to sprinkle on the top.
I always think sauteed mushrooms always go wonderfully with beef. Of course, this is optional, but it is delicious!
This recipe is suitable for making ahead and keeping warm in the slow cooker.
You can also make this in your Instapot / multi cooker.
I've also frozen leftovers and reheated them in a saucepan on a low heat and the taste and quality was not affected in any way, so if you wanted to make up portions and freeze, then this will be perfect!
I hope you will enjoy it as much as I do, and a big thank you to Cathy for the inspiration!
⏲️ Prep Time
⏲️ Cook Time
8 hours on LOW
? Serving size
6 - 10 servings
4 lbs boneless chuck roast or Braising Steak
3 cups beef broth
¼ cup Teriyaki Sauce
2 Tablespoons Brandy
1 Tablespoon Blueberry Jam or Jelly. Yes, you read that correctly.
2 tsp garlic powder
A dash of white pepper
2 - 4 teaspoons (or more to your liking) of sriracha sauce
Options for serving
Ciabatta rolls or baguettes
1. Place the beef in the slow cooker.
2. Whisk all other ingredients together and pour over meat.
3. Cook on low for 8 hours. Test doneness with a fork. It should fall apart easily. If using a multi cooker, use the pressure setting on high for 40 minutes.
4. When done, place meat in a large mixing bowl. Shred meat with 2 forks and return to crockpot (crockpot should be off).
5. Meanwhile, you can prepare to serve up. Sautee some sliced mushrooms in a frying pan with just a touch of butter.
Season with salt and pepper and saute until they are no longer slimy, but golden brown.
? Top tip
Warm up the ciabatta rolls either in the oven or under the grill/broiler, then serve meat topped with mushrooms on toasted rolls and enjoy!
We'd love to hear from you and what you thought of our post. Did you make any changes or add some other goodies? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
If you'd like a different sauce to dip, we've got a delicious quick and easy lemon sauce recipe.
- 4 lbs boneless chuck roast or Braising Steak
- 3 cups beef broth
- ¼ cup Teriyaki Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Brandy
- 1 Tablespoon Blueberry Jam or Jelly. Yes, you read that correct.
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- A dash of white pepper
- 2 - 4 teaspoons of sriracha sauce, or more to your liking
- Place the beef in the slow cooker.
- Whisk all other ingredients together and pour over meat.
- Cook on low for 8 hours. Test doneness with a fork. It should fall apart easily.
- When done, place meat in a large mixing bowl. Shred meat with 2 forks and return to crock pot (crock pot should be off).
- Meanwhile, you can prepare to serve up. Sautee some sliced mushrooms in a frying pan with just a touch of butter. Season with salt and pepper and sautee until they are no longer slimy, but golden brown. Warm up the ciabatta rolls either in the oven or under the grill/broiler, then serve meat topped with mushrooms on toasted rolls and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Ninja Auto-iQ Multi/Slow Cooker with 80-Pre-Programmed Auto-iQ Recipes for Searing, Slow Cooking, Baking and Steaming with 6-Quart Nonstick Pot (CS960)
- Instant Pot DUO Plus 60, 6 Qt 9-in-1 Multi- Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Yogurt Maker, Egg Cooker, Sauté, Steamer, Warmer, and Sterilizer
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 522Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 172mgSodium: 750mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 0gSugar: 3gProtein: 52g