Garlic Butter Shrimp Dinner. This is a super fast and easy recipe which you can serve as a starter or main meal. Delicious on a bed of rice or pasta, or some warm bread fresh from the oven! Nanny has kindly shared one of her latest new recipes which has be given the thumbs up from Papa and has now become one of Nanny's 'keeper' recipes.
Recipe By Nanny Pat Milton
Here's what Nanny says about her recipe:
From Lovefoodies: A bit about curry leaves:
Curry leaves are the shiny, dark green, aromatic leaves of a tree from the citrus fruit family that release a deliciously nutty aroma when fried in hot oil. It is a staple herb of South Indian cooking and curry leaves are used in Indian and South East Asian cuisine in the same way as bay leaves are used in the West. The fresh curry leaf has a similar aroma of a tangerine, however, flavlor - wise, there isn't really a substitute. You can often buy them in bags, fresh, from Asian grocery stores. The dried curry leaves simply do not have the same aroma and very little taste, so avoid using them altogether. If you do buy a bag of curry leaves, they freeze very well, and when you want to use them, simply add to your recipe from frozen.
You could use bay leaf, basil leaf or kaffir lime leaves for this recipe, although the flavor won't be exactly the same. You can also, of course omit the curry leaves if you are unable to find them, the dish will still taste delicious!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
1 Tablespoon Butter
2 cloves of sliced Garlic
4 or 5 Fresh Curry leaves
1 - 2 Cups Cooked or Raw, peeled and deveined shrimp (you can use as much or little shrimp as you wish)
Cooked Basmati Rice or pasta
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. In a frying pan, melt the butter and add the garlic slices and sautee over a medium heat until the garlic is soft. Do not burn as this will make the garlic bitter.
2. Add the curry leaves and shrimp. Saute until the shrimp is cooked through and lightly browned.
We'd love to hear from you and what you thought of our post. Did you make any changes or add some other goodies? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 2 cloves of sliced Garlic
- 4 leaves or 5 Fresh Curry
- 1 - 2 Cups Cooked or Raw peeled and deveined shrimp
- Cooked Basmati Rice or pasta
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a frying pan, melt the butter and add the garlic slices and sautee over a medium heat until the garlic is soft. Do not burn as this will make the garlic bitter.
- Add the curry leaves and shrimp. Saute until the shrimp is cooked through and lightly browned.
- Serve on a bed of basmati rice or pasta.