French Dip. Slow Cooked beef, a slice of cheese and sandwiched between a lovely toasted Ciabatta roll, and a bowl of au jus for dipping.
French Dip! This is a wonderful recipe. French Dip is a very popular recipe in the USA, and is, in a nutshell, a beef sandwich. However, it isn't any old beef sandwich!
The beef in this recipe is slow cooked and the juices from the cooking process are later poured into bowls for dipping. The sandwich itself is packed into a toasted ciabatta roll, and of course a slice of cheese too!
It's traditional to serve a bowl of the au jus along with the sandwich and you simply dip the sandwich in the sauce as you eat. What could be more delicious! It's an easy recipe which you could prepare ahead of time and keep warm in the slow cooker until you are ready to serve.
You can also use your multi cooker and select the slow cooker or pressure cooker function.
So let's get straight to the recipe and see how we make this delicious French Dip. Please enjoy!
8 hours on LOW
6 - 10 servings
4 lbs boneless chuck roast
3 cups beef broth (low sodium)
1/2 cup soy sauce (low sodium)
2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 Tbsp honey
2 tsp liquid smoke
2 tsp onion powder
2 tsp garlic powder
Salt & pepper
Slices of Muenster Cheese
Ciabatta rolls or baguettes
Optionals for serving:
1. Put meat in the crock pot.
2. Whisk all other ingredients together and pour over meat.
3. Cook on low for 8 hours. Test doneness with a fork. It should fall apart easily. Continue cooking if needed.
4. When done, place the meat on a rimmed cutting board. Let stand and transfer the juice from the crock pot to a jug or suitable container.
When transferring the juice from the crockpot to the jug, I pour it through a fine mesh strainer to get rid of all the fatty bits.
5. Shred meat with 2 forks and return to crockpot (crockpot should be off). Put half cup juice in with the meat and the balance of juice into serving cups.
Serve meat topped with cheese on toasted baguettes or sturdy buns.
- 4 lbs boneless chuck roast
- 3 cups beef broth, low sodium
- 1/2 cup soy sauce, low sodium
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 tsp liquid smoke
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- Salt & pepper
- Slices of Muenster Cheese
- Ciabatta rolls or baguettes
- Put meat in crock pot.
- Whisk all other ingredients together and pour over meat.
- Cook on low for 8 hours. Test doneness with a fork. It should fall apart easily. Continue cooking if needed.
- When done, place meat on a rimmed cutting board. Let stand and transfer the juice from the crock pot to a jug or suitable container. **When transferring the juice from the crock pot to the jug, I pour it through a fine mesh strainer to get rid of all the fatty bits.
- Shred meat with 2 forks and return to crock pot (crock pot should be off). Put half cup juice in with meat and the balance of juice into serving cups. Serve meat topped with cheese on toasted baguettes or sturdy buns.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Instant Pot DUO Plus 60, 6 Qt 9-in-1 Multi- Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Yogurt Maker, Egg Cooker, Sauté, Steamer, Warmer, and Sterilizer
Ninja Auto-iQ Multi/Slow Cooker with 80-Pre-Programmed Auto-iQ Recipes for Searing, Slow Cooking, Baking and Steaming with 6-Quart Nonstick Pot (CS960)
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 579Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 153mgSodium: 1063mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 1gSugar: 6gProtein: 52g