Pumpkin Pie, an easy homemade recipe with a buttery pie crust and a sweet creamy spiced pumpkin filling! Perfect for Thanksgiving and Fall.
Pumpkin Pie. Here Adelenne has made up a simple basic shortcrust pastry and made a pumpkin pie filling from scratch to get this beautiful pie.
Served with whipped cream or ice cream, it's really delicious!
You can use canned pumpkin puree, or make your own, and you can also use shop-bought pie crust, again, making your own doesn't take long at all and it's really easy!
The pumpkin filling is made up of lovely spices, such as cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg. Combined with the whipping cream and pureed pumpkin, you get a smooth, creamy filling. Once chilled, this is an absolutely delicious pie fit for any Thanksgiving table!
So let's see how Adelenne makes her pie.
Recipe by Adelenne Lee
Approx 45 minutes
1 x 9-inch pie
Makes 2 batches (you only need one for this pie, so freeze half of the raw pastry dough for another pie!)
2 ½ cup AP flour
Pinch of salt
1 tsp sugar
250g / 1 cup butter, cold and chopped
¼-1/2 cup ice water
PLUS ½ Cup of cookie crumbs (see instructions when to use this.)
3 large eggs
2 cups of pumpkin purée or a can of pumpkin purée
½ cup of heavy whipping cream
½ cup of brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon powder
½ tsp of ground ginger
½ tsp nutmeg
Make the pastry
1. Put flour, salt, and sugar in a food processor, add butter, pulse until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
2. Slowly add ¼ cup ice water. Pulse till dough is crumbly but holds together when squeezed.
Do not overmix to have a flaky crust. You should see some pieces of butter still.
3. Divide dough into two portions, with the dough still crumbly, wrap with 2 pieces of plastic wrap to form 2 balls.
Wrap tight, refrigerate till firm. The second portion you can freeze at this point for later use.
4. Then roll out the pastry and line a 9-inch pie dish with the rolled pastry. Then spread the cookie crumbs on top and firmly press down.
Make the filling & cook the pie
1. Preheat oven to 180C / 350 F / Gas 4
2. Put all the pie filling in a mixing bowl and using a spatula mix till combine.
3. Pour everything in the pie shell and bake for 45 mins.
I used the excess dough to cut out flowers using a cookie cutter to decorate the sides instead of crimping it.
Using a sharp knife and poke about an inch from the side and it should come out clean. Doesn't matter if the center is a little wobbly. It will set after it's cooled.
Homemade Pumpkin Pie
Homemade Pumpkin Pie, an easy homemade recipe with a buttery pie crust and a sweet creamy spiced pumpkin filling! Perfect for Thanksgiving and Fall.
- Makes 2 batches (you only need one for this pie, so freeze half of the raw pastry dough for another pie!)
- 2 ½ cup AP flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 250 g / 1 cup butter, cold and chopped
- ¼-1/2 cup ice water
- ½ Cup cookie crumbs, see instructions when to use this.
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups of pumpkin purée or a can of pumpkin purée
- ½ cup of heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup of brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- ½ tsp of ground ginger
- ½ tsp nutmeg
First make the pastry
- Put flour, salt and sugar in food processor,
- Add butter, pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Slowly add ¼ cup ice water. Pulse till dough is crumbly but holds together when squeezed.
- Do not overmix to have a flaky crust. You should see some pieces of butter still.
- Divide dough into two portions, with dough still crumbly, wrap with 2 pieces of cling wrap to form 2 balls.
- Wrap tight, refrigerate till firm. The second portion you can freeze at this point for a later use.
- Then roll out the pastry and line a 9 inch pie dish with the rolled pastry. Then spread the cookie crumbs on top and firmly press down.
To make the filling & cook the pie
- Preheat oven to 180C / 350 F / Gas 4
- Put all the pie filling in a mixing bowl and using a spatula mix till combine.
- Pour everything in the pie shell and bake for 45 mins. ***I used the excess dough to cut out flowers using a cookie cutter to decorate the sides instead of crimping it.
- Using a sharp knife and poke about an inch from the side and it should come out clean. Doesn't matter if the center is a little wobbly. It will set after its cooled.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 9 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 515Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 131mgSodium: 253mgCarbohydrates: 54gFiber: 4gSugar: 18gProtein: 8g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate
Easy Baking Recipes For Fall
Here's a great selection of easy baking recipes to get you in the mood for Fall, with Pumpkin, Cinnamon, spices, and all things nice!
Pumpkin Zucchini Bread, An easy recipe with fabulous aromas and great tasting. Freezer friendly and a perfect way to enjoy zucchini!
Coffee Walnut Sandwich Cake.
The best coffee and walnut cake, a classic British afternoon tea cake, layers of soft and fluffy coffee cake with chopped walnuts throughout, adds a great flavor and texture, frosted with coffee cream cheese frosting. A pure delight to eat!
Easy Oatmeal Cookies
Easy oatmeal cookies taste amazing! Soft and Chewy on the inside and crispy on the outside, this basic oatmeal cookie recipe is great on it’s own or you can add chocolate, nuts or dried fruit. A simple classic cookie recipe
Pumpkin Swiss Roll Cake, deliciously light and soft pumpkin swiss roll with a fluffy cream cheese filling. Also instructions on how to make your own pumpkin puree.
Best Ever Easy Brownie Recipe
This Easy Brownie Recipe is a basic recipe to give you brownies that are chewy & soft with a classic crispy outer, loaded with chocolate. Delicious rich chocolate dessert or snack. The best ever brownie recipe!
Honey Bun Cupcakes are lovely and soft with great flavors of cinnamon and brown sugar and topped with a homemade honey buttercream frosting
Authentic German Black Forest Swiss Roll, a light sponge cake famous in Germany. Layers of chocolate cake, cherries, kirsch & fresh whipped cream in a cake roll.
Salted Caramel Celebration Cake is perfect for a party. Homemade layers of soft caramel cake and layers of salted caramel frosting then topped with chocolate covered pretzels and salted caramel popcorn.
Pumpkin Cookies. Delicious cookies with pureed pumpkin and chocolate chips make for a popular snack with a cold glass of milk! Be sure you make up plenty!
Nanny's Pumpkin Cupcakes. A very fun and easy cupcake recipe with pureed pumpkin & decorated with candy corn. A perfect sweet treat for Fall and Thanksgiving
Apple and Pumpkin Muffins! These breakfast muffins are full of the flavors of Fall with pumpkin, apple and cinnamon with a delicious streusel topping. A really easy recipe and that topping is so good!
Pani Popo (Samoan Coconut Bread Rolls).
Pani Popo are deliciously soft, fluffy Samoan coconut bread buns, baked in a sweet and thick coconut sauce. Sticky soft bread rolls, ideal for breakfast, dessert or as a snack
Spiked Rum Pumpkin Pie, the addition of rum takes this traditional homemade pumpkin pie to another level! Perfect Thanksgiving and Christmas Holiday dessert
Spiced Pecan Carrot Cake! This has got to be the World's best carrot cake. Fluffy, soft and bursting with the flavors of Fall! Perfect for Thanksgiving, Christmas holidays!
EASY APPLE SPICED TURNOVERS.. Delicious warm from the oven! Crispy puff pastry packed with apples coated in cinnamon. Delicious eaten warm or chilled with a blob of ice cream too! Easy recipe, budget friendly and freezable.
Easy Cinnamon Rolls. A deliciously sweet, soft sticky bun with a great vanilla glaze. These are so delicious warm from the oven with some maple syrup poured over too!
Easy Cinnamon Swirl Loaf. A moist, soft, and delicious tasting loaf cake, perfect with a morning coffee! This is a wonderful no yeast, quick bread recipe, full of flavor, soft and fluffy, and really easy to make too.
Orange and Cinnamon Swirly Bread, made from scratch, easy recipe. Soft, sticky, creamy, rolls, perfect for the holiday season, Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Apple Pie French Toast. A great easy and delicious recipe, serve hot or cold, it's yummy!
Apple and Cranberry Crescent Roll Cream Cheese Bars. An incredibly easy recipe with fantastic flavors!
Mini Caramel Apple Pastries. Delightful mini pastries filled with caramel and apples and oh so easy to make!
Mom's Homemade Apple Pie. A wonderful old family recipe, simple ingredients, easy to make and delicious every time! Perfect for a regular family dessert, or to take to pot lucks, Thanksgiving, or anytime!
Amazing Toffee Apple Cake, a delicious cake recipe made from scratch bursting with the flavors of Fall. Perfect for Thanksgiving and Christmas too!
Old Fashioned Date, Apple, and Walnut Cake. This old-fashioned date, apple, and walnut cake is easy to make, moist, and loaded with apple and dates keeping it sweet and soft. The walnuts add a great texture and crunch. Salted caramel frosting adds a perfect finish to this delicious cake.
Mini Homemade Pecan Pies. Delicious individual mini pies all made from scratch and super easy too!
Easy Breezy Pumpkin Dump Cake, an easy soft, moist cake recipe, regular and lite versions available. Simply mix, dump and bake to get a delicious Fall cake!
German Star Cookies, also known as Zimtsterne Cinnamon Cookies are a wonderful cookie for Christmas. They're crisp, chewy and spiced with all things nice! Naturally Gluten - Free too!