Spiced Pecan Carrot Cake! This has got to be the World's best carrot cake. Fluffy, soft, and bursting with fantastic flavors! Perfect for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter holidays! Biting into this wonderfully soft, fluffy cake is a pure delight!
The recipe is nice and easy, made from scratch and also freezer friendly.
To make our Spiced Pecan Carrot Cake, I've added some lovely pecan nuts and sultanas to give some more texture dimensions and also, those sultanas! Wow!
They're bursting with juiciness and certainly add a lovely flavor and texture to the cake. The addition of cinnamon lifts the cake to another level and when it's baking, imagine the aromas you will have in your kitchen!
I made this cake yesterday and it was gone within 20 minutes. In fact, it was the fastest disappearing cake I've ever made!
The recipe itself is very easy and flexible, so if you wanted, you could make muffins (the recipe will make 12 muffins for you), and you can freeze and simply defrost as many as you wish. Perfect if you need to make ahead of time.
You could also add a cream cheese frosting, however, in my opinion, this cake doesn't need anything extra. It's moist, soft and full of flavor just as it is. I've also used sultanas. Obviously, if you find those hard to get where you live, feel free to swap for raisins or indeed cranberries. They will also work well too.
Check out our handy Oven Temperature Conversion Guide!
I'm going to make this cake again next month and I shall be soaking my sultanas overnight in a couple of tablespoons of Spiced Rum to give it a lovely rum flavor too!
⅔ Cup or 150 g Butter
½ lb or 250 g Carrots (about 3 medium carrots)
1 Cup or 200 g Sugar
1 ⅔ Cup or 200 g All Purpose / Plain Flour
2 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Ground Nutmeg
½ tsp Baking Soda
2 tsp Baking powder
2 Large eggs
2 Tablespoons Milk
1 Cup or 125 g Sultanas
½ Cup or 50 g Pecan Nuts
1. Preheat the oven to 180c, 350F. Grease and line a 9 inch / 1 lb loaf pan. (if making muffins, you will need 12 muffin liners and preheat oven to 400 F or 200 C)
2. Melt the butter in the microwave.
3. Peel and grate the carrots. (use the fine grate holes)
4. Add the carrots, sugar, and butter in a bowl.
5. Sift in the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, and baking powder.
6. In a separate bowl, lightly beat the eggs then add to the mixture together with the milk.
7. Break up the pecans and add those together with the sultanas to the mixture.
8. Combine everything
then add to the baking pan.
9. Bake for approximately 50 - 55 minutes, check after 50 minutes with a skewer in the middle of the cake if it comes out clean.
- If your cake needs a little more time baking, cover the top with foil to avoid over-browning.
- For muffins, bake for about 20 minutes.
10. Allow to cool before slicing. We hope you will also agree that our Spiced Pecan Carrot Cake is the World's best carrot cake!
We'd love to hear from you and what you thought of our post. Did you make any changes or add some other goodies? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
If you love carrot cake, then why not try our popular Carrot Cake Cheesecake. It's a winner!
- ⅔ Cup or 150 g Butter
- ½ lb or 250 g Carrots, about 3 medium carrots
- 1 Cup or 200 g Sugar
- 1 ⅔ Cup or 200 g All Purpose / Plain Flour
- 1 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 2 Large eggs
- 2 Tbsp Milk
- 1 Cup or 125 g Sultanas
- ½ Cup or 50 g Pecan Nuts
- Preheat the oven to 180c, 350F. Grease and line a 9 inch / 1 lb loaf pan. (if making muffins, you will need 12 muffin liners and preheat oven to 400 F or 200 C)
- Melt the butter in the microwave.
- Peel and grate the carrots. (use the fine grate holes)
- Add the carrots, sugar and butter in a bowl.
- Sift in the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, lightly beat the eggs then add to the mixture together with the milk.
- Break up the pecans and add those together with the sultanas to the mixture.
- Combine everything then add to the baking pan.
- Bake for approximately 50- 55 minutes, check after 50 minutes with a skewer in the middle of the cake if it comes out clean.
- Tip: if your cake needs a little more time baking, cover the top with foil to avoid over browning.
- For muffins, bake for about 20 minutes.
- 10. Allow to cool before slicing.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Walfos Nonstick Silicone Bread and Loaf Pan Set of 2, BPA Free ! Without Chemical Coating，Just Pop Out! Easy release and baking mold for Homemade Cakes, Breads, Meatloaf and quiche.
Portable Bread Box with Handle Loaf Cake Container Plastic Rectangular Food Storage Keeper Carrier 13inch Translucent Dome for Pastries, Bagels, Bread Rolls, Buns or Baguettes (Pink)
Honey-Can-Do 2592 Paper Loaf Pan, 25-Pack, 8-Inches x 2.5-Inches x 2-Inches
Wilton 2105-6806 Perfect Results Large Nonstick Loaf Pan, 9.25 by 5.25-Inch, Silver
Wilton Perfect Results Non-Stick Mini Loaf Pan, 8-Cavity
Nordic Ware 90248 Citrus Blossom Loaf, One Size, Copper
Plastic Rectangular Bread Box with Portable Handle 13inch Translucent Cake Container Box for Dry or Fresh Foods Loaf Cake Keeper (Pink)
Paper Baking Mini Loaf Pan by Kitchen Supply, 4 x 2 x 2 inch, Set of 25
White Disposable Loaf Bread Baking Liners (Pack of 2, 24 Liners Total) Rectangle, Non-Stick Paper Liners For Baking, Kitchen Tools For Baking Cake & Bread
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 453Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 87mgSodium: 372mgCarbohydrates: 63gFiber: 4gSugar: 36gProtein: 6g