Nutella Banana Loaf. Delicious, soft pound cake with banana and Nutella chocolate. Easy recipe and very popular. Great tasting cake and oh so good!
Are you looking for a cake packed with flavour? Or how about a moist cake, yet one that gives you a lovely texture from the soft cake contrasting with a crispy Nutella crunch on the top, and banana flavour?
Well look no further! Here you will find the perfect recipe for Nutella Banana Loaf, to fill your kitchen with lovely baking aromas of cake, banana and Nutella, and after the baking, you can sit back, make yourself a cup of tea and have a delicious slice of Moist Nutella Banana Loaf Cake!
Share with friends, bring as a gift offering when you go visiting friends. Whatever the occasion, rest assured, you will enjoy this easy to make cake.
You will need a loaf tin, mine measures 30cm x 12cm, and 8cm deep. This recipe will also work in a regular 9 inch up to 12 inch loaf pan, same cook time
1 ¼ Cups or 225 g Plain / All Purpose flour sieved
1 Teaspoon baking powder
¼ Teaspoon Bicarbonate of Soda
Pinch of salt
⅓ Cup or 75 g Butter
¾ cup or 175 g Sugar
2 medium eggs lightly beaten
3 cups or 450 g peeled VERY RIPE bananas. (approx 4 medium bananas)
4 Tablespoons of Nutella for the batter
1 Tablespoon Nutella for the topping
1 Tablespoon Sweetened cocoa powder
Baking Soda / Bicarb of soda is used to enhance the texture and 'grain' of the loaf. It is not essential for you to use it, but it does give a bit of texture as banana breads can often be a little 'smooth' in texture.
1. Heat oven to 180c, 350F.
Check out our handy Oven Temperature Conversion Guide!
2. Grease and line your baking tin. (if you have a silicone one, then no need to grease or line) . See here if you would like to know how to Line a Loaf Tin
3. Use a potato masher or fork and mash the bananas.
4. Mix together the sieved flour, cocoa powder, salt, bicarbonate soda, and baking powder.
5. Melt the butter in the microwave for 30 seconds or until very soft/runny.
6. Cream the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy, add the eggs a little at a time with a few tablespoons of the flour (to stop the batter from splitting).
7. Add the bananas and Nutella, combine well.
8. Using a metal spoon, fold in the rest of the flour.
9. Transfer the mixture to the baking tin and spread evenly taking care to make sure the corners also have batter. Then add the 1 Tablespoon of Nutella. I just added it in a straight line down the middle so there will be some in every slice, but you can do whatever pattern you wish!
11. Place in the oven for 50 - 55 minutes, check after 50 minutes using a metal skewer. Poke the skewer into the center of the cake mixture. If the skewer comes out clean, the cake's ready!
We'd love to hear from you and what you thought of our post. Did you make any changes or add some other goodies? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
Moist Nutella Banana Loaf Cake
Nutella Banana Loaf. Delicious, soft pound cake with banana and Nutella chocolate. Easy recipe and very popular. Great tasting cake
- 1 ¼ Cups or 225 g Plain / All Purpose flour sieved
- 1 Teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ Teaspoon Bicarbonate of Soda
- Pinch of salt
- ⅓ Cup or 75 g Butter
- ¾ cup or 175 g Sugar
- 2 medium eggs lightly beaten
- 3 cups or 450 g peeled VERY RIPE bananas., approx 4 medium bananas
- 4 Tablespoons of Nutella for the batter
- 1 Tablespoon Nutella for the topping
- 1 Tablespoon Sweetened cocoa powder
- Heat oven to 180c, 350F. Grease and line your baking tin. (if you have a silicone one, then no need to grease or line)
- Use a potato masher or fork and mash the bananas.
- Mix together the sieved flour, cocoa powder, salt, bicarbonate soda and baking powder.
- Melt the butter in the microwave for 30 seconds or until very soft / runny.
- Cream the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy, add the eggs a little at a time with a few tablespoons of the flour (to stop the batter from splitting).
- Add the bananas and nutella, combine well.
- Using a metal spoon, fold in the rest of the flour.
- Transfer the mixture to baking tin and spread evenly taking care to make sure the corners also have batter.Then add the 1 Tablespoon of Nutella . I just added it in a straight line down the middle so there will be some in every slice, but you can do whatever pattern you wish!
- Place in the oven for 50- 55 minutes, check after 50 minutes using a metal skewer. Poke the skewer into the center of the cake mixture. If the skewer comes out clean, the cake's ready!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
MEYKISS Cake Tester, Stainless Steel Cake Tester Probe Skewer Kitchen Baking Tools, Set of 2
Oggibox Q-26 12-Cavity Slim Rectangle silicone mold for Soap, Bread, Loaf, Muffin, Brownie, Cornbread, Cheesecake, Pudding, and More
Wilton 2105-6806 Perfect Results Large Nonstick Loaf Pan, 9.25 by 5.25-Inch, Silver
Wilton Perfect Results Non-Stick Mini Loaf Pan, 8-Cavity
Plastic Rectangular Bread Box with Portable Handle 13inch Translucent Cake Container Box for Dry or Fresh Foods Loaf Cake Keeper (Pink)
White Disposable Loaf Bread Baking Liners (Pack of 2, 24 Liners Total) Rectangle, Non-Stick Paper Liners For Baking, Kitchen Tools For Baking Cake & Bread
Paper Baking Mini Loaf Pan by Kitchen Supply, 4 x 2 x 2 inch, Set of 25
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 339Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 49mgSodium: 127mgCarbohydrates: 61gFiber: 4gSugar: 33gProtein: 5g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate
Loaf Cake Recipes
Here's a delicious selection of pound or loaf cake recipes for you to enjoy
Tiramisu Pound Cake, a soft and delicious pound cake with all the flavors of a Tiramisu! It's even got a mascarpone frosting. This will go fast so be sure to make two!
Peach Pound Cake with Raspberry Swirl. A delicious recipe bursting with sweet peaches and a tangy raspberry swirl running through. Soft, moist and perfect with a morning coffee or to take to friends! If you are a fan of pound cakes and peaches, then this one is for you.
How To Make A Basic Chocolate Loaf Cake
A simple, easy chocolate loaf cake recipe is moist, rich and chocolatey. Perfect for new cooks and is a go to basic recipe
Caribbean Rum Cake, an easy delicious recipe! The cake is soft and moist, packed with rum infused raisins and makes for a great Christmas time cake.
Strawberry Pound Cake. A delicious recipe bursting with fresh strawberries. Soft, moist and perfect with a morning coffee or to take to friends!
Easy Lemon French Yogurt Cake
Easy Lemon French Yogurt Cake. Delicious tangy lemon, soft and moist, incredibly easy made from scratch cake recipe, great as a tea time snack
Coffee Pecan Pound Cake is a lovely tasting, moist cake with a perfect combination of coffee flavor and texture from the pecans.
Coffee Walnut Sandwich Cake.
The best coffee and walnut cake, a classic British afternoon tea cake, layers of soft and fluffy coffee cake with chopped walnuts throughout, adds a great flavor and texture, frosted with coffee cream cheese frosting. Instructions to make using round or loaf pans
Easy Strawberry French Yogurt Cake
Easy Strawberry French Yogurt Cake.
Delicious juicy strawberries, soft and moist, incredibly easy made from scratch cake recipe, great as a tea time snack
Moist Vanilla Pound, Loaf Cake is such a wonderful tasting cake, soft, and delicious!
Easy Blueberry and Lemon Crumble Cake
Easy Blueberry and Lemon Crumble Cake.
Deliciously soft & moist cake packed with blueberries and a hint of lemon. Topped with a crumble topping. Easiest simple cake recipe ever!
Raspberry Pound Cake
Easy Raspberry Pound Cake. A delicious classic pound cake recipe bursting with fresh raspberries. Soft, moist and tangy sweet. Topped with a simple chocolate topping. Easy to follow instructions
Coconut and Lime Pound Cake, a deliciously soft coconut cake with a splash of tangy lime.
Moist Coconut PoundCake Recipe. Light, soft, and oh sooooo delicious!
Blueberry Coconut Pound Cake, a deliciously soft coconut cake with a sprinkling of juicy blueberries.
Moist Lemon or Orange Pound Loaf, a wonderful soft and delicious cake using freshly squeezed juice and zest. Bake in a loaf or bundt pan. You choose!
Easy Cranberry and White Chocolate Pound Cake. This is a delicious soft and moist pound cake with a wonderful white chocolate flavor and added lovely cranberries. Freezer friendly and easy to make. Perfect for Thanksgiving and Christmas
Moist Pecan Almond Loaf Cake. The flavor combo is just divine!
Easy Cinnamon Swirl Loaf. A moist, soft, and delicious tasting loaf cake, perfect with a morning coffee! This is a wonderful no yeast, quick bread recipe, full of flavor, soft and fluffy, and really easy to make too.
Moist Caramel and Apple Loaf .... ABSOLUTELY Delicious!
Easy Cranberry and Orange Carrot Cake! A delicious cake made from scratch with a simple orange glaze. Fluffy, soft and bursting with the flavors! Perfect breakfast, brunch or to have with a coffee!
Blueberry Lemon Pound Cake, a delicious soft and moist loaf bursting with juicy blueberries! Perfect with a cup of tea
Moist Coffee Loaf Cake! This is an absolutely delicious soft, moist cake, easy to make and goes perfect with a lovely cup of coffee too!
Banana and Walnut Loaf Cake. A delicious, very easy and moist cake, and smells so good when it's baking too!
Lemon and Poppy Seed Loaf.
This is truly a delightful cake. The flavors are gentle, the cake is soft and moist and of course, looks so pretty with the addition of poppy seeds sprinkled throughout the cake
Moist Chocolate Almond Pound Cake. Delicious, rich chocolate cake with added melted chocolate and ground almonds to take this cake to another level of deliciousness!
Spiced Pecan Carrot Cake! This has got to be the World's best carrot cake.
Fluffy, soft and bursting with the flavors of Fall! Perfect for Thanksgiving, Christmas holidays!
Dolly's Chocolate Chip Cake. Very easy recipe and a family favorite. Makes two loaves so perfect for gifts or freezing too.
Hi. Great looking recipe! I’ve never heard of SWEETENED cocoa powder. Only the Unsweetened kind. Where would I find the SWEETENED variety? Thank you!
Hi Lisa, I’m not sure where in the world you live, but you should be able to find it in the baking section of most stores. If not, just add a couple of teaspoons of powdered sugar (icing sugar) to the cocoa powder and you will be fine! Hope that helps.
Ooooh I have a few more days for the batch of bananas I have to ripen, then I’m trying this!
yes, I had to wait a few days longer for my bananas to be ready before I could make this recipe for you all! It was certainly worth the wait!