Moist Vanilla Pound, Loaf Cake is such a wonderful tasting cake, soft, and delicious!
Moist Vanilla Pound, Loaf Cake. Here’s one of my all-time favorite cake recipes. It’s simply delicious, full of vanilla flavor. The texture is not quite as dense as a regular pound cake, but a little fluffier, and it is lovely and moist.
This moist vanilla pound cake is a great tea time or snack cake, perhaps serve for an afternoon tea party, add a slice to a lunch box, take to a party, or simply enjoy a slice or three with a lovely cup of tea or coffee. This vanilla pound cake is freezer friendly too so if you wanted to eat half right away and freeze half, then it will be perfect!
We’ve got a huge variety of delicious pound cake recipes so be sure to check them out. There’s a flavor for everyone! Once you’ve tried this recipe, I am sure you will make it time and time again. So here’s the recipe, and enjoy our Moist Vanilla Pound, Loaf Cake!
The Cake Batter:
3/4 cup or 175 g softened butter
3/4 cup or 175 ml milk
1 cup or 200 g regular sugar
3 eggs (lightly beaten)
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups or 225 g Plain / All purpose flour (sieved)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1. Heat oven to 160C, Gas 3, 300F. Grease and line your baking tin. See here for how to line.
** Please note, if using a Bundt tin, be sure to grease it very well as it can be hard to get the cake out of such a shaped tin.
2. Get all your ingredients ready, i.e sieve the flour, and add the salt and baking powder to the flour etc.
3. Start with making the cake batter by creaming the butter and sugar until a pale light color.
4. Slowly add the beaten eggs to the mixer, on a low-speed setting, a bit at a time. If the mixture starts to curdle or split, add a spoonful of your sieved flour, keep on adding the eggs, and a bit of flour if necessary until all the eggs are added. Add the Vanilla Extract.
5. Add half the milk with half of the flour, keeping the mixer on a slow speed. Once combined, add the remaining milk and gently fold in the remaining flour until combined.
6. Transfer the cake mixture to the greased and lined loaf tin. Then place in the oven for 1 hr to 1 hr and 5 minutes.
*** Please do a test if the cake is done by using a skewer and poke it in the middle to see that it comes out clean. Every oven is different and cook times may vary a little.
The photo below shows the vanilla pound cake with a handful of raisins thrown in. Absolutely delicious!
7. Have a cup of tea!
8. When the cake is done, take it out of the oven and leave in the cake tin until cool enough to transfer to a cooling rack.
Allow to cool. Store in an airtight container, and there you have our Moist Vanilla Pound, Loaf Cake
We’d love to hear from you and what you thought of our post. Did you make any changes or add some other goodies? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
Here are a few more cake recipes for you to enjoy!
Moist Vanilla Pound, Loaf Cake