Creamy Honey Banana Smoothie. Quick and Easy to make and taste just like a milkshake but without cream or ice cream! Who loves smoothies? Here's a great easy recipe for a creamy honey and banana smoothie which you can make in no time at all.
Its simplicity means that it is no effort to make, and what I have managed to do is get a 'milkshake' creaminess, but without using cream or ice cream. This creamy honey and banana smoothie recipe is flexible so you can make it as thick or thin a consistency as you wish.
I have made it so you can use a straw (so it is not so thick).
What milk do I need to use for a smoothie?
I've also used soya milk, simply because that is my preference. You can of course use regular cow's milk, almond milk, or any milk you prefer.
My smoothie doesn't taste very sweet
For sweetness, I have added honey, with goes lovely with the banana flavor. On occasion, I have used a drizzle of caramel sauce (the type you get for drizzling over ice cream), which was also very nice.
This is my basic smoothie recipe, and you can feel free to add extra fruits, flavors, such as a dash of nutmeg). The sky's the limit so have fun, and most of all, enjoy your smoothie!
What kinds of smoothies can I make using bananas?
We've even got a strawberry and white chocolate smoothie for those who don't mind a few extra calories! and if you want to go tropical with some lovely pineapples, mangoes etc, then try our Tropical Smoothie!
Smoothies are a great way to have your daily intake of fruit, and if you like, you can add various seeds, such as chai seeds or similar.
Maybe you have some leftover bananas you want to use up, but not enough to make a cake? Well make a smoothie instead!
You can also have a smoothie to take on the way to work, or for the kiddies when they come home from school. After all, this creamy honey and banana smoothie does really taste like a milkshake so the kids will love it!
This recipe is really quick to do, and it will keep in the fridge for a day or two, you just need to give it a good shake before you pour if it's been sitting refrigerated.
So let's get straight to the recipe and see how we make this lovely creamy honey and banana smoothie. Please enjoy!
1 pint or 550 ml milk of your choice. I use Soya Milk.
1 - 2 Tablespoons of honey to your taste.
1 tray of ice cubes
1. Place the ice and bananas in the blender with 1 Tablespoon of honey and half of the milk. On pulse setting, blend until smooth.
2. Taste the smoothie, and see if you need to add more honey if you want a sweeter taste. Add the remaining milk and pulse or blend until all combined and frothy.
3.Pour into glasses and enjoy!
*** Some extra options - You can add some other fruits, or a couple of squares of chocolate, or caramel sauce in the blender at step 1
We'd love to hear from you and what you thought of our creamy honey and banana smoothie recipe. Did you make any changes or add some other goodies? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
- 2 Bananas
- 1 pint or 550 ml milk of your choice. I use Soya Milk.
- 1 - 2 Tablespoons of honey to your taste.
- 1 tray of ice cubes
- Place the ice and bananas in the blender with 1 Tablespoon of honey and half of the milk. On pulse setting, blend until smooth.
- Taste the smoothie, and see if you need to add more honey if you want a sweeter taste. Add the remaining milk and pulse or blend until all combined and frothy.
- Pour into glasses and enjoy!
- *** Some extra options - You can add some other fruits, or a couple of squares of chocolate, or caramel sauce in the blender at step 1.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 2 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 364Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 210mgCarbohydrates: 62gFiber: 4gSugar: 35gProtein: 15g