Creamy Tropical Smoothie. A lovely cool, refreshing drink using pineapple, mango, banana and strawberry. Quick and easy, perfect to start your morning off happy
One evening after dinner I decided I wanted to make a smoothie with some fruit I already had on hand, namely pineapple, mango and banana. So I decided to ask our Lovefoodies Facebook group, and sure enough, they came up with a ton of ideas, and this smoothie is a combination of all their suggestions as to what should go into this smoothie.
It's really easy and took me a matter of minutes to make.
The addition of strawberry yogurt adds to the creaminess of this lovely drink, and also thickens. You can use any other flavored yogurt you have or simply a plain yogurt.
It has a refreshing tropical taste and was very sweet as my fruit was already ripe and sweet. If you want a sweeter smoothie, add a little honey, taste and add more to your liking.
So here's what our Facebook group came up with, and boy, it's good!
Recipe by Facebook Lovefoodies Group!
5 pineapple rings
1 glass of strawberry yogurt
1 tray of ice cubes
1. Place all your fruit in the blender and on pulse setting, blend until smooth.
2. Add the yogurt and blend for a few seconds.
3. Add the ice cubes, and on pulse, blend.
4. Pour into glass and enjoy!
We'd love to hear from you and what you thought of our post. Did you make any changes or add some other goodies? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
- 5 pineapple rings
- 2 mangoes
- 1 banana
- 1 glass of strawberry yoghurt
- 1 tray of ice cubes
- Place all your fruit in the blender and on pulse setting, blend until smooth.
- Add the yogurt and blend for a few seconds.
- Add the ice cubes, and on the pulse setting, blend.
- Pour into glass and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 573Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 69mgCarbohydrates: 139gFiber: 13gSugar: 115gProtein: 10g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate