Creamy Strawberry Banana Smoothie. Quick and Easy to make and taste just like milkshake but without the cream or ice cream!
We love strawberries and when you make one of these strawberry banana smoothies, you certainly get the full flavor of delicious sweet strawberries in a drink.
This is a wonderful smoothie! It’s simplicity means that it is no effort to make, and what I have managed to do is get a ‘milkshake’ creaminess, but with out using cream or ice cream.
This creamy strawberry banana smoothie recipe is flexible so you can make it as thick or thin a consistency as you wish. I have made it so you can use a straw (so it is not so thick).
I’ve also used soya milk, simply because that is my preference. You can of course use regular cow’s milk, almond milk, or any milk you prefer.
For sweetness, I have added honey, which goes lovely with the banana and strawberry flavor. On occasion, I have used a drizzle of caramel sauce (the type you get for drizzling over ice cream), which was also very nice. The sky’s the limit so have fun, and most of all, enjoy your smoothie!
These strawberry banana smoothies are a great way to enjoy strawberries, whether you use fresh or frozen berries, it’ll be delicious. If you’re wanting to make up a quick breakfast to fill you up, or perhaps an after school snack which is healthy and the kids will enjoy, then make this smoothie! You can also multiply the recipe and make up a few jugs to serve at a children’s party instead of fizzy drinks or drinks containing lots of sugar. After all, the sugar in these smoothies is just what is from the natural ingredients used.
We have a nice selection of smoothie recipes which you can find here
This strawberry banana smoothie recipe is flexible so feel free to add any seeds, such as chai, or similar if you like that. Even swap the strawberries for some other berries, or use up any soft fruits you might have left over.
This smoothie will keep nicely in the fridge for a couple of days so if you wanted to make up a batch and pop in a jug, just give it a stir before you pour and it will be fine.
So let’s get straight to the recipe and see how we make this easy strawberry and banana smoothie. Please enjoy!
1 Cup of Fresh Strawberries washed and hulled.
1 pint or 550 ml milk of your choice. I use Soya Milk.
2 – 4 Tablespoons of honey to your taste.
1 tray of ice cubes
1. Place all the ingredients and only HALF of the milk and 2 Tablespoons of honey in a blender and on pulse setting, blend until smooth.
2. Taste the smoothie, and see if you need to add more honey, add now and blend again. Add the remaining milk and pulse or blend until all combined and frothy.
3.Pour into glasses and enjoy!
**** If you are using frozen fruit, you may not need as many ice cubes.
We’d love to hear from you and what you thought of our strawberry and banana smoothie recipe. Did you make any changes or add some other goodies? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
- 2 Bananas
- 1 Cup of Fresh Strawberries washed and hulled.
- 1 pint or 550 ml milk of your choice. I use Soya Milk.
- 2 - 4 Tablespoons of honey to your taste.
- 1 tray of ice cubes
- Place all the ingredients and only HALF of the milk and 2 Tablespoons of honey in a blender and on pulse setting, blend until smooth.
- Taste the smoothie, and see if you need to add more honey, add now and blend again. Add the remaining milk and pulse or blend until all combined and frothy.
- Pour into glasses and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:2 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 456Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 212mgCarbohydrates: 87gFiber: 5gSugar: 56gProtein: 15g