Red, white and blue trifle is an easy dessert perfect for July 4th celebrations. Delicious layers of cake, fresh blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, white chocolate jello and whipped cream.
Red, White, and Blue Trifle. What a pure delight! This is a wonderfully easy dessert and great for celebrating Independence Day, Labor Day or indeed ANY day!
This trifle is really easy to make, and it's loaded with lovely berries; strawberries, blueberries and raspberries.
For this recipe, Cathy has used store-bought ingredients. However, if you wanted to make this all from scratch, you certainly can!
The options are below for the various recipes to make up the different layers from scratch, so you can make all or some of them from scratch or just buy everything ready-made! The choice is yours!
For the cake layers, we've used soft Angel Food Cake, which you can buy ready made, or of course, make your own angel food cake.
For the pudding layer, we've used a store-bought white chocolate jello pudding. Again, if you wanted to make your own jello pudding, you can use our Lovefoodies Vanilla pudding recipe or Strawberry pudding recipe. It's easy to make! You can simply add some white chocolate to the pudding mix!
And lastly, if you'd like to make your own whipped cream instead of using cool whip (I know some of you can't get cool whip where you live), we have a really delicious Fresh Lemon Whipped Cream recipe which would work really well with the fruits in this trifle.
The red, white, and blue colors are perfect to celebrate July 4th, and will look fabulous at your table!
You can also use this same recipe for an Easter, Thanksgiving or Christmas dessert, so feel free to swap the fruits for others, to suit your celebration.
Recipe shared by Cathy Kopp
16 half cup servings
Ingredients you'll need
- Angel food cake (purchased or homemade), cut into bite size pieces
- Strawberries, chopped (reserve some pretty ones for garnish)
- Blueberries and/or blackberries (reserve some for garnish)
- Raspberries (reserve some for garnish)
- Sugar and or sugar substitute
- Jello instant white chocolate pudding mix
- Cool Whip
1. Mix chopped strawberries, raspberries and blueberries and add the sprinkle of sweetener. Let sit to macerate while you prepare the other layers.
2. Prepare pudding mix according to package directions, reducing milk by ½ cup.
3. Fold half of the Cool Whip into the pudding.
4. In a pretty, clear bowl, make the layers (make sure to spread it all to the edges of the bowl for presentation purposes, for example, place sliced strawberries against the edges of the bowl like in the photos).
Layer as follows
- ⅓ cake
- ½ fruit
- ½ pudding
- ⅓ cake
- ½ fruit
- ½ pudding
- ⅓ cake
- Top with remaining Cool Whip and berry garnish
5. Refrigerate until ready for serving.
Delicious Trifle Recipes
Here's a selection of delicious trifles for you to enjoy!
Dreamy Chocolate Trifle. A great easy recipe, made from scratch or option to make from instant. Come and see the goodies in this lovely chilled dessert! (Brownie lovers beware!!)
Italian Cream Cake Trifle, this is the most amazing trifle! Layers of classic fluffy Italian Cream Cake combined with delicious layers of creamy pudding, pecans and coconut will bring smiles to everyone who eats this!
Easy Peaches and Cream Dessert really is that easy! If you like peaches, vanilla pudding and trifle desserts, then this one is for you!
Easy Strawberry and Lemon Trifle, quick simple dessert recipe with layers of fresh strawberries, lemon whipped cream, vanilla pudding and lady’s fingers. Great for parties and holidays
Blueberry and Lemon Trifle. This is just sublime! Layers of fresh Lemon Cake, Creamy Custard and Whipped Cream and of course a generous sprinkling of blueberries throughout.
Amazing Peach Melba Trifle! Dreamy layers of Lady Fingers, creamy vanilla pudding, peaches, raspberry sauce, whipped cream and meringue cookies. It can't get better than this!
Dreamy Blueberry and Coconut Trifle
Layers Of Creamy Smooth Vanilla Pudding Layered Between Juicy Blueberries On A Bed Of Coconut-Infused Lady's Fingers And Then Covered With A Wonderful Dreamy Whipped Cream Topping
Easy Banana Cream Cake Trifle is amazing! Delicious layers of creamy custard, bananas and homemade banana bread, topped off with freshly whipped cream and a sprinkling of white chocolate. Simply delicious!
Easy Strawberry and Coconut Trifle. An incredibly easy and great tasting dessert sure to please!
Chocolate Irish Cream Brownie Trifle Pie - For all you Irish Cream lovers! There's also brownies inside and on top of this delicious pie. Oh so good!
Easy Fruit Trifle. A very quick to make easy fruit trifle recipe, uses fresh, canned or frozen fruits. Prep in under 15 minutes. Perfect for dessert or a party!
Red Velvet Trifle, a delicious chilled dessert with layers of homemade red velvet cake and fresh whipped cream. A popular party dessert and great for Christmas.
S'mores Trifle - Smore's lovers dream! Delicious chocolate cake, marshmallows and other goodies make this a wonderful dessert!
Banana Cream Pie Cups. A delicious no bake dessert and easy too!
Kahlua Mess..This is one awesome dessert! A delicious chocolate trifle laced with Kahlua throughout. Easy to make cake recipe too.
Lemon Whipped Cream, a very quick and easy recipe using fresh whipped cream to give you a sweet and tangy lemon flavour. Great with cakes or in a trifle
Dreamy Strawberry Dessert, delicious layers of sponge, pureed strawberries, homemade strawberry pudding and fresh strawberries , topped with freshly whipped cream.
Red, White, and Blue Trifle
Red, white and blue trifle is an easy dessert perfect for July 4th celebrations. Delicious layers of cake, fresh blueberries and strawberries, jello and whipped cream
- 1 angel food cake, cut into bite size pieces, purchased or homemade
- 1 quart strawberries, chopped (reserve some pretty ones for garnish)
- 1 quart blueberries and/or blackberries, reserve some for garnish
- 1 quart raspberries, chopped (reserve some pretty ones for garnish)
- Sprinkle of sugar and or sugar substitute
- 1 large box jello instant white chocolate pudding mix
- 1 large container Cool Whip
- Mix chopped strawberries, raspberries and blueberries and add the sprinkle of sweetener. Let sit to macerate while you prepare the other layers.
- Prepare pudding mix according to package directions, reducing milk by ½ cup.
- Fold half of the Cool Whip into the pudding.
- In a pretty, clear bowl, make the layers (make sure to spread it all to the edges of the bowl for presentation purposes):
- Layer as follows:
Top with remaining Cool Whip and berry garnishTop with remaining Cool Whip and berry garnish.
Refrigerate until ready for serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 88Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 124mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 4gSugar: 13gProtein: 1g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate
A great compliment for your BBQs, etc We love this dessert 😛