Nanny’s Chocolate Nut Fudge. A tried and true family recipe and great for gifts! Use a cookie cutter to make pretty shapes too!
Let me introduce you to Nanny Pat’s Chocolate Nut Fudge recipe! Many of you who have visited Lovefoodies will already know our Foodie Friend Nanny Pat, after making her Apple Pie recipe. You may even have chatted with her or seen her delicious dinner photos at our Lovefoodies Facebook group. Nanny Pat is always busy cooking something tasty up in her kitchen, and here we have got one of her star recipes, her signature Chocolate Nut Fudge! This happens to be Papa Nanny Pat’s favourite!
You can be sure that when you make this it will go down a storm.
It’s always popular and Nanny Pat often makes it to take as gifts to birthday parties and the like. For Nanny’s gift packages, she often uses cookie cutters and makes pretty shapes like you see in the photo below.
So without further ado, let’s see how to make Nanny’s chocolate nut fudge recipe.
Recipe by Pat Milton
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: Nil
Yield: 12 squares
What you need: 8 or 9 inch greased square pan
2 Cups semi-sweet chocolate morsels (12 oz. pkg.)
1 (14 oz. can) CONDENSED Milk
1 tsp. vanilla
a dash of Salt (1/8 tsp)
1 to 1 1/2 Cups Coarsely chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans, or combo of both)
1. In pan on low heat,add semi-sweet chocolate morsels and CONDENSED Milk and stir until all melted
****Be very careful not to let it stick.
2. Remove from heat and immediately stir in vanilla & salt
3. Then stir in the Coarsely chopped nuts and pour into a greased 9″ Buttered pan.
4. You can put in refrigerator, covered with plastic to speed setting up.
5. Cut into squares and enjoy..
Here’s some more lovely fudge recipes for you to enjoy!
- 2 Cups semi-sweet chocolate morsels 12 oz. pkg.
- 1 oz CONDENSED Milk 14 . can
- 1 tsp . vanilla
- tsp a dash of Salt 1/8
- 1 Cups to 1 1/2 Coarsely chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans or combo of both)
- In pan on low heat,add semi-sweet chocolate morsels and CONDENSED Milk and stir until all melted
- Remove from heat and immediately stir in vanilla & salt
- Then stir in the Coarsely chopped nuts and pour into a greased 9" Buttered pan.
- You can put in refrigerator, covered with plastic to speed setting up.
- Cut into squares and enjoy..