Oreo Truffles, very quick and easy no-bake, chocolate truffle balls, made using oreo cookies and cream cheese. Great for parties and the holidays. A simple recipe for a delicious sweet treat.
Peggy has been so busy making all kinds of special goodies for her guests when she has her Renewals ceremony in August this year, and here, Peggy has made some small Oreo Cookie Truffles which she plans to put in gift boxes, along with other different flavored truffles for her guests to take home with them.
These are incredibly easy to make and oh yes...they are so creamy and delicious!
So Congratulations and we all wish you a long and happy marriage Peggy! I am sure all your guests will LOVE these truffles!
Do Oreo Truffles need to be refrigerated?
Oreo balls should be kept in the fridge until you serve them. Plus, most people think oreo balls taste best when cold
How long are Oreo Truffles good for?
Keep stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. The Oreo balls will keep in the fridge for up to 3 weeks. You can also freeze the balls for up to 2 months.
What coatings can I add to oreo truffles?
Once you've shaped your truffles in to balls, you can roll them in all kinds of coatings, for example, coconut, melted chocolate, sprinkles, grated white chocolate, cocoa powder, very finely chopped nuts, such as cashew nuts. The list is endless, so feel free to get creative and make a varity of coatings, pop then in to seperate bowls and roll a few oreo balls in the different coatings you have.
Recipe from Peggy Mitchell
16 oz package of oreo cookies
8oz pkg of cream cheese, room temperature.
cocoa powder - for coating. About 1 Tablespoon.
1. Crush the cookies and using a wooden spoon, blend them well with the cream cheese.
2. Using a teaspoon, take a bit of the mixture out of the bowl and roll it into a small ball. Then dip them all in cocoa powder so they are coated. Chill until ready to eat!
They are nicest when they have had a couple of hours at least to chill, even better overnight.
Simple yet Delicious!
We'd love to hear from you and what you thought of our recipe. Did you make any changes or add some other ingredients? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
- 16 oz package of oreo cookies
- 8 oz pkg of cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 Tablespoon cocoa powder - for coating
- Crush the cookies and using a wooden spoon, blend them well with the cream cheese.
- Using a teaspoon, take a bit of the mixture out of the bowl and roll into balls. Then dip them all in cocoa powder so they are coated. Chill until ready to eat!
- They are nicest when they have had a couple of hours at least to chill, even better overnight.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 122Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 103mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 1gSugar: 8gProtein: 2g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate