Easy Healthy Granola Cups. Great for breakfast or dessert, simply add your favorite goodies like yogurt and berries and enjoy!
This delicious recipe has been generously shared by one of our great cooks, Carina.
Cari’s Easy Healthy Granola Cups are simple, full of great ingredients and easy to make. Of course when you make your own granola, it’s much better as it allows you to be flexible with the ingredients and add the things you like.
Served with some yoghurt and fresh fruit as Carina does, this makes for a wonderful wholesome breakfast or dessert. It’s great for portion control too and kids will find it fun. Please enjoy Cari’s Easy Healthy Granola Cups!
Recipe adapted by Carina Duclos from Women’s Health Magazine
Yogurt filling recipe by Winnie Young
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
For the cups:
4 Tbsp Coconut Oil or butter.
1/4 Cup Honey
1/4 Cup Unsweetenedd Apple Sauce
2 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 tsp Salt
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
2 Cups Old Fashioned Oats
1/3 Cup Shredded Coconut
1/4 Cup Ground Flax Seed
1/4 Cup Sliced Almonds
1/4 Cup Dried Cranberries, chopped
For the Yogurt filling:
2 tubs (5 oz each) non fat Greek Vanilla Yogurt
2 Tbsp soft cream cheese
1. To a small sauce pan, add the coconut oil, honey, cinnamon, and salt.
Heat until all ingredients are combined. Remove from heat and stir in the apple sauce and vanilla.
2. In a separate bowl mix together the oats, coconut, flax seed, almonds and cranberries.
3. Pour the liquid over the dry ingredients and stir until completely coated.
4. Place the mixture into the fridge for about 30 minutes to cool.
5. When ready to bake, place the mix in muffin cups. Suggestion to use paper muffin holders for easy removal. Using your fingers press into the center of the hole and then work your way around the edges to form a bowl. If the dough is sticky, wet your fingers with cold water, shake them out, and proceed.
6. Place the bowls into an oven preheated to 325 degrees. Cook about 15-20 minutes
Let cool completely before removing.
7. Store in an air tight container. When ready to eat, fill with the yogurt of your choice. Top with fresh berries. Enjoy!
To make the yogurt filling:
1. Whip the cream cheese until smooth. Add the yogurt, combine well.
2. Drop a tbsp full of yogurt mix onto tartlets then top with your favorite berries.
And there you have Cari’s Easy Healthy Granola Cups. Please enjoy!
We’d love to hear from you and what you thought of our post. Did you make any changes or add some other goodies? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
Come and check out our other goodies on Pinterest!