Spiced - Oven Baked Potatoes & Baby Carrots. A popular family recipe and very flexible with the flavors and ingredients. An easy sheet pan side dish
Spiced - Oven Baked Potatoes & Baby Carrots!
This is a wonderful easy and very flexible recipe where you can add to or omit parts to suit your family's taste, and it's all cooked in a sheet pan. How easy!
Here, Nicky made this using potatoes and baby carrots with a blend of spices her family enjoys. Her kids absolutely devoured the whole lot!
What other spices can I use?
You can choose whatever flavor combinations you like. For example, paprika spice, chili, just salt n pepper, mixed herbs, the list is endless!
Great with a garlic mayo dip too!
What other vegetables can I use?
Any root vegetables will work with this recipe, such as turnip, butternut squash, etc, just make sure everything is cut the same size for even cooking.
This oven-baked spiced potatoes and baby carrots recipe is a perfect tray baked dish which is always popular during Thanksgiving and holidays as well as during weeknights when you want to make something easy with very little fuss.
After all, who can complain if you just have one tray to wash up at the end?!
You can make this ahead of time and simply warm through in the oven, serve in a nice casserole dish for everyone to help themselves.
What can I serve with this?
For quick weeknight meals or a party, perhaps a nice Jack Daniels Burger, or Homemade Fried Chicken Tenders. Delicious! You can also make up our very quick and easy garlic sauce recipe and pour some over the potatoes and carrots when serving.
So let's get straight to the recipe and see how we make these delicious spiced oven baked potatoes and baby carrots. Please enjoy!
Recipe by Nicky Mercer
30 - 40 minutes
10 medium-sized (skin on) potatoes
1 small bag of baby carrots
1 Tablespoon parsley
1 Tablespoon cilantro
1/2 teaspoon of ground black peppercorn
1 teaspoon chipotle powder
1 Tablespoon season salt
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon white pepper
1/4 Cup Olive Oil *** You made need less or more. Just enough to coat everything.
Please note, if using spice mixes that contain salt, such as Garlic Salt, you may not need to add the salt listed in the ingredients.
Whatever root vegetables you choose, make sure they are all roughly cut the same size to ensure even cooking
1. Preheat oven to 400 F and line a baking pan with foil
2. Prepare Potatoes and carrots by washing and cubing into bite-size pieces. Add to a large bowl
3. Add the oil, spices, and herbs to the bowl and toss until evenly coated and spread onto a foiled baking pan.
4. Place in the oven and bake for around 30 - 40 minutes until golden. Halfway through cooking, use a spatula and turn the potatoes and carrots so they cook evenly. Check after 30 minutes if done as all ovens will vary.
*** You can also pre-cook this and wrap in a foil parcel and pop on the grill /bbq until ready for serving. If you don't want to pre-cook in the oven, please allow a little extra time for BBQ-ing!
We'd love to hear from you and what you thought of our spiced oven baked potatoes and baby carrots recipe. Did you make any changes or add some other goodies? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
- 10 medium sized potatoes, skin on
- 1 small bag of baby carrots
- 1 Tablespoon parsley
- 1 Tablespoon cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground black peppercorn
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1 Tablespoon season salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil *** You made need less or more. Just enough to coat everything.
- Preheat oven to 400 F and line a baking pan with foil
- Prepare Potatoes and carrots by washing and cubing in to bite size pieces. Add to a large bowl
- Add the oil, spices and herbs to the bowl and toss until evenly coated and spread onto foiled baking pan.
- Place in the oven and bake for around 30 - 40 minutes until golden. Halfway through cooking, use a spatula and turn the potatoes and carrots so they cook evenly. Check after 30 minutes if done as all ovens will vary.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:6 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 360Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1101mgCarbohydrates: 64gFiber: 7gSugar: 4gProtein: 8g