No-Fuss, Oven Roasted Baby New Potatoes recipe, a simple side dish, creamy, crunchy, tender and bursting with flavor from delicious seasonings
Easy Baked Potatoes are absolutely delicious!
For this recipe, I've used baby, new, or early potatoes. Using baby potatoes will give you a different texture and taste from the larger, older potatoes.
What are baby, new or early potatoes?
Baby potatoes are miniature, small potatoes. Their season usually starts in April and carries on through to the end of summer.
You can harvest them at any time during that period, and what you will get are small mini potatoes, because they are not fully grown.
Because they've been harvested before being fully grown, the sugars haven't yet turned to starch, so you will have a delicate, sweeter, creamier potato.
They're perfect served in salads, or simply boiled and tossed in a little garlic, or as you will see in this recipe, oven-roasted with a sprinkle of herbs. Of course, you can add other seasonings such as paprika, a homemade jerk spice mix, perhaps tarragon, or just salt and pepper.
How do you clean or prepare baby potatoes?
Preparing baby potatoes for cooking is very straightforward and easy.
Because they're young and tender, you don't need to peel them. the skins are ever so thin. Simply rinse the potatoes thoroughly under fresh clean water.
If you have any bits of stubborn mud or soil still stuck on them, use a vegetable brush and gently scrub the potato under running water.
Do you need to cut new potatoes before boiling or baking?
This will depend on how you plan to serve the mini potatoes.
Obviously, the smaller the potato, the quicker the cooking time will be. For this recipe, I've just sliced each baby potato in half so they are bite-sized pieces.
These baked mini potatoes will go with anything!
Serve as a delicious quick and easy side dish with a BBQ, or perhaps in a large bowl when entertaining at a party where people can help themselves. This recipe really is fuss-free and simple to make!
Add to a lovely steak dinner or a simple weeknight meal, such as with our Pizza Omelette recipe. So flexible!
Can I prepare baked mini potatoes by making ahead?
If you wanted to prepare ahead, although the prep time is so short anyway, you could just have everything ready and then pop in the oven 20 minutes before serving, or bake ahead and keep warm, (cover with foil or an ovenproof lid) in the oven on a low temperature.
This recipe will show you how to prepare and cook baby new potatoes by roasting in the oven, and also when to add the seasonings. So please enjoy our lovely Mini Baked Baby Potatoes!
4 - 6
1 lb Baby Potatoes
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
Ground Black Pepper
¼ tsp Rosemary
¼ tsp Oregano
¼ tsp thyme
*Please use whatever herbs or spices you enjoy!
1. Preheat oven to 375 F or 190 C.
2. Wash the potatoes and cut them in half. Leave the skins on for extra texture!
3. Place in a bowl and add the oil, herbs and season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Serve warm. If you'd like to, you can also sprinkle some grated Parmesan cheese over the top whilst they're hot from the oven, before serving. Delicious!
And there you have our No-Fuss, Easy, Oven Roasted Baby New Potatoes!
You can also add a couple of teaspoons of this delicious Truffle Butter to your baked potatoes to add another flavor dimension.
Wondering about a sauce to go with these little potatoes? Try our delicious creamy lemon sauce recipe.
We'd love to hear from you and what you thought of our post. Did you make any changes or add some other goodies? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
Have you tried our delicious Creamy Garlic Mushrooms? These would go perfectly with the Easy Baked Baby Potatoes, and they're really quick and easy to make too!
Another nice suggestion for you to accompany the Easy Baked Baby Potatoes is our Creamy Chicken Stroganoff. It's quick to make and really delicious with the sauce!
- 1 lb Baby Potatoes
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Ground Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 F or 190 C.
- Wash the potatoes and cut them in half. Leave the skins on for extra texture!
- Place in a bowl and add the oil, herbs and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Serve warm.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- OXO Good Grips Vegetable Brush (color may vary)
- Cuisinart 7117-135 Chef's Classic Stainless 13-½-Inch Lasagna Pan
- [20 Pack - 8"x8"] Propack Disposable Aluminum Foil Meal Prep Cookware Square Pans, Oven, Toaster, Grill, Cooking, Roasting, Broiling, Baking, Event, Take Out, Restaurant
- Circulon 56539 Nonstick Roasting Pan / Roaster with Rack - 17 Inch x 13 Inch, Gray
Serving Size:4 - 6
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 139Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 157mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 3gSugar: 1gProtein: 3g