Pecan and Banana Streusel Cakes are wonderful soft, moist and full flavored with a great streusel topping. Also nice as a regular loaf size.
Are you looking for a cake packed with flavour? Or how about a moist cake, yet one that gives you a lovely texture from the soft cake contrasting with light, crunchy pecans? Well look no further! Here you will find the perfect recipe to fill your kitchen with lovely baking aromas of cake, banana and pecans, a touch of spice and after the baking, you can sit back, make yourself a cup of tea and help yourself to a delicious cake or three! Here I made Pecan and Banana Streusel Cakes, using my new mini loaf pan and also some cupcakes.
The quantity of batter is regular, so you can also make this recipe in a normal size loaf pan too.
The streusel topping is truly delicious! Please do try these! I know you should always wait for cakes to cool before eating, I don’t know who decided that rule, but oh my goodness, when these are fresh from the oven, it is impossible to resist! I ate three whilst I was removing them from the pan! Enjoy!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 24 mins for cupcakes or 1 hour 15 minutes for a regular loaf (approx)
Yield: 12 cupcakes
You will need a 12 cupcake pan & liners, or equivalent.
You can also use a regular size loaf pan.
1 1/4 Cups or 225 g Plain / All Purpose flour sieved
1 Teaspoon baking powder
1/4 Teaspoon Bicarbonate of Soda
Pinch of salt
1/3 Cup or 75 g Butter, softened
3/4 cup or 175 g Brown Sugar
3 medium eggs lightly beaten
3 mashed bananas
1 cup or 100 g chopped pecans (just break them roughly with your hands)
The Streusel Topping:
3 Tablespoons plain all purpose flour
3 Tablespoons brown sugar
1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
1 1/4 Tablespoons butter (chilled)
1 1/2 Tablespoons roughly broken pecans
1. Heat oven to 180C, Gas 4, 350F.
2. Make the streusel topping by adding all the ingredients EXCEPT the pecans to a bowl. Take 2 knifes and cut the mixture until it looks like lumps in the photo. Then add the broken pecans and combine. Set aside.
(If you have any left over, this stuff is nice sprinkled over the top of a sliced apple and baked! Just keep in an airtight container in the fridge until you want it)
3. Now we make the cake batter. Mix together the sieved flour, salt, bicarbonate soda and baking powder.
4. Beat the butter and sugar until smooth and creamy.
5. Add the eggs to the mixer a little at a time with a few tablespoons of the flour (to stop the batter from splitting).
6. Add the bananas and pecans, combine well.
7. Using a metal spoon, fold in the rest of the flour gently.
8. Transfer mixture to baking pan / cup cake liners etc and spread evenly. If you are using silicone, no need to grease or line.
9. Take a teaspoon of the streusel mixture and carefully place on the tops of each cake.
10. Place in the oven for around 20 – 24 minutes. As I was using my new silicone loaf pan I had to check on the timings after around 20 minutes, using a skewer. It came out clean after 24 minutes! You also do the same after 20 minutes and see when the cakes are ready. Every oven is different.
If making one regular loaf, the cook time will be around 1 hr and 15 minutes.
11. When ready, leave in the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer onto a cooling rack and eat when they are cool enough for you to enjoy! They sure are delicious so be sure to have a cup of tea ready too!
We’d love to hear from you and what you thought of our post. Did you make any changes or add some other goodies? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
Pecan and Banana Mini Cakes are wonderful soft, moist and full flavored with a great topping.Click To Tweet
Come and check out our other goodies on Pinterest!