Pineapple and walnut cake is a lovely sheet style cake with crushed pineapple and nuts. There's also a really easy cream cheese frosting for the top of the cake.
Many of you who have visited Lovefoodies will already know our Foodie Friend Nanny Pat, after making her Apple Pie recipe. You may even have chatted with her or seen her delicious dinner photos at our Lovefoodies Facebook group.
Nanny Pat is always busy cooking something tasty up in her kitchen, and here we have got one of her star recipes, which she makes every year for her hubby's birthday.
So it's simply called 'Papa's Birthday Cake'', which is made up of crushed pineapples and walnuts.
It's got all his favorite ingredients in, nuts and pineapples, and as he's the birthday boy, he gets to choose what goes in his cake!
This year, 2013, Nanny Pat made Papa's birthday cake to celebrate his 78th Birthday. How about that!
Nanny Pat says this about Papa and his Birthday : Hubby is camera shy, but, he came in for a break ..and said...."Is it Cake yet"? So he had a piece with a mug of Green Tea, on our Sun porch, and we watched the news, and he said, that it was Lunch.
He still hasn't said if he wants Steak on the Grill, or a Roast Beef...(In our family, I have always let the Birthday person, pick their meal)...and he kept saying, "this is the best cake, and I don't like cake." DAH, we know...
So here is the Birthday Boy's, favorite cake (and remember, he doesn't like cake).haha"
30 - 40 minutes
8 - 10 Persons
2 large eggs
20 oz can Crushed Pineapple AND all the Juice.
2 Cups or 250 g Flour
2 Cups or 400 g Sugar
2 tsp. Baking Soda
1 Tablespoon vanilla(yes, Tablespoon)
2 Cups or 220 g Chopped Walnuts (or, any nuts to your liking)
1 1/2 Cups or 180 g Confectioner's Sugar
8 oz. Cream Cheese (softened)
1/2 Cup or 110 g Butter, (softened)
1 tsp. Vanilla
The measures for the frosting is more than enough for the cake, and you can add as much or as little as you wish. If you have some left over, you can save it in the fridge and use it for another cake.
Set oven to 375 F, Gas 5, 190 C
1. In a Large Bowl with a Spoon, mix well all the ingredients for the cake
2. Spray a 9 X 13" pan with cooking spray.
3. Pour batter in, and bake for about 40 minutes. Check with a toothpick to see if it's done.
4. COOL Completely on a wire rack...IN THE PAN
5. While cake is cooling make Frosting -
Cream together all the ingredients and spread on cooled Cake, that has been left in the pan.
6. Sprinkle with nuts, if you wish...Of course, I wish...Also, this is the only frosting I use for any cake calling for a Cream Cheese Frosting.
It is a dense, moist easy cake, and I always get raves about it, when I can get a chance to share it
Happy Birthday to Papa.
- 2 large eggs
- 20 oz can Crushed Pineapple, AND all the Juice
- 2 Cups or 250 g Flour
- 2 Cups or 400 g Sugar
- 2 tsp . Baking Soda
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla(yes, Tablespoon)
- 2 Cups or 220 g Chopped Nuts (or, to your liking)
- 1 1/2 Cups or 180 g Confectioner's Sugar
- 8 oz Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 Cup or 110 g Butter, (softened)
- 1 tsp . Vanilla
- Set oven to 375 F, Gas 5, 190 C
- In a Large Bowl with a Spoon, mix well all the ingredients for the cake
- Spray a 9 X 13" pan with cooking spray.
- Pour batter in, and bake for about 40 minutes. Check with a toothpick to see if it's done.
- COOL Completely on a wire rack...IN THE PAN.
- While cake is cooling make Frosting -
- Cream together all the ingredients and spread on cooled Cake, that has been left in the pan.
- Sprinkle with nuts, if you wish...Of course, I wish...Also, this is the only frosting I use for any cake calling for a Cream Cheese Frosting.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 674Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 84mgSodium: 484mgCarbohydrates: 95gFiber: 3gSugar: 71gProtein: 10g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate