Delicious rich chocolate brownies recipe, crispy outside and soft, chewy and fudgy inside, just as a brownie should be. Really easy to make.
Oh So Good Brownies! These chocolate brownies really are amazing!
This delicious recipe has been generously shared by one of our Lovefoodies supporters, and a dear friend of mine, Gerda Rink.
Gerda has made her brownie recipe many times, and each time I have visited Gerda's house, she's always got a supply of her Brownies for sharing! I can tell you now, these are so addictive!
The tops are delicately crispy and then you bite into one and it's just full of brownie goodness! They're nice and chewy inside and rich with chocolate goodness. They really are 'Oh So Good'!
So feel free to make the recipe your own by adding whatever your favorite nuts are!
Brownies are great for making to give away as gifts, particularly over the Christmas holidays. You can make up a few batches and wrap them in some festive bags or pop them in jars and give them as presents. After all, I think most people love brownies!
So after a year or so, I've managed to persuade Gerda to share her recipe, so here it is! Please enjoy our Oh So Good Brownies recipe!
Recipe by Gerda Rink
We've got a lot of different brownie recipes so be sure to check them out. there's a flavor to suit everyone from white chocolate, coffee, pecans, and many more! Perfect if you want to make up several different batches over the holidays to give as gifts.
25 - 30 minutes
You will need
8 x 8 (20 cm x 20 cm) pan
Please note, if you choose a larger pan, your brownies won't come out as high as Gerda's!
150 g / 1 cup walnuts
100 g / 2/3 cup dark BAKING chocolate
100 g 1/2 cup butter
325 g / 1 1/2 cups sugar
125 g / 1 cup All Purpose / Plain Flour
2 Tablspoons Cocoa powder unsweetened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
UPDATE: Please note as we are getting some questions about the dark chocolate, please try and use the DARK BAKING CHOCOLATE. It will say it on the packet it is for baking and can be found in the baking section of the shop. The cocoa content and fat content is better suited for baking!
1. Grease and line your 8 inch square baking pan and preheat oven to 175 C / 325 F / Gas 3
2. Beat vanilla, sugar & eggs until light.
3. Melt butter & chocolate in the microwave in 20 second intervals until completely melted. Alternatively, you can melt in a bowl over hot water.
4. Combine flour, salt & cocoa powder and add to egg mixture.
5. Add chocolate & butter, mix well.
6. Break the walnuts with your fingers, I like mine quite chunky and without all the crumbs. Then spoon them into the batter.
7. Pour batter into the baking tin and bake for 30 - 40 minutes.
8. Allow them to cool on a rack and cut into squares after they have cooled.
If you try and cut them whilst they are still hot, they will be too gooey, and you can't cut them nice.
We'd love to hear from you and what you thought of our Oh So Good Chocolate Brownies recipe. Did you make any changes or add some other goodies? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
- 150 g / 1 cup walnuts
- 100 g / 2/3 cup dark BAKING chocolate
- 100 g 1/2 cup butter
- 325 g / 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 125 g / 1 cup All Purpose, Plain Flour
- 2 Tablspoons Cocoa powder unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- Grease and line your 8 inch square baking pan and pre heat oven to 175 C / 325 F / Gas 3
- Beat vanilla, sugar & eggs until light.
- Melt butter & chocolate in microwave in 20 second intervals until completely melted.
- Combine flour,salt & cocoa powder and add to egg mixture.
- Add chocolate & butter, mix well.
- Break the walnuts with your fingers, I like mine quite chunky and without all the crumbs. Then spoon them into the batter.
- Pour batter into the baking tin and bake for 30 - 40 minutes.
- Allow them to cool on a rack and cut into squares after they have cooled. If you try and cut them whilst they are still hot, they will be too gooey, and you can't cut them nice.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 164Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 33mgSodium: 46mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 3g