Crab Rangoon Pizza. A quick & easy pizza recipe using flatbreads with delicious crabmeat, sweet and sour sauce, cream cheese, and mozzarella cheese topping.
Crab Rangoon Pizza!
Here's what Jeanette says about her favorite pizza;
I got the idea from watching some cooking show where they were traveling to different locations talking about pizzas that were not the usual variety.
Apparently, there's a place that basically makes almost any type of Chinese food into a pizza Looked good so I tried it!
This Crab Rangoon Pizza is very easy to prepare and great for serving at parties, or to have as a quick and easy weeknight dinner. Below, we've given you an option to make our delicious flatbreads (which you can also freeze!), or you can, of course, buy readily made flatbreads, whatever suits you!
Recipe from Jeanette Neumann-Melone
10 - 12 minutes
Flatbread (or your favorite pizza crust)
3oz / 85 g of cream cheese
2 green onions minced
3oz / 85 g of crab flaked
¼-1/2 cup or 75 g of mozzarella (or fontina)
Sweet and sour sauce (or sweet chili sauce)
** see here if you would like to make your own flatbread
I chose flatbread as it’s lighter in calories/carbs/fat than traditional pizza crusts. A popular brand in the states for pre-made pizza crust is Boboli. (but pricey so I pick up flatbread from the local fruit market. Five 6″ rounds for $2.50 vs Boboli at $6 for 2 rounds)
It could easily work with your favorite pizza dough if you prebake the crust a little so it won’t fall through the oven rack/grill
1. Heat oven to 200C, Gas 6, 400 F
2. Spread cream cheese on flatbread, sprinkle with green onions, flake crab into smaller pieces, and place on top of cream cheese/onion mixture. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
3. Bake for 10-12 minutes directly on your oven rack (or grill) until the cheese is melted and the crust is crispy.
4. Drizzle/dot sweet and sour sauce around the top. (I usually just dip a fork into the jarred sauce and drizzle it onto the pizza)
See our recipe to make your own flatbread. For the Crab Rangoon recipe, I would suggest you omit the herbs and garlic from the flatbread recipe, but it is up to you!
Also, when using this flatbread, pre-bake as per the recipe until NEARLY done or approx 10 minutes.
We'd love to hear from you and what you thought of our recipe. Did you make any changes or add some other ingredients? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
- Flatbread, or your favorite pizza crust
- 3 oz or 85 g of cream cheese
- 2 green onions minced
- 3 oz or 85 g of crab flaked
- ½ cup or 75 g of mozzarella, or fontina
- Sweet and sour sauce, or sweet chili sauce
- Heat oven to 200C, Gas 6, 400 F
- Spread cream cheese on flatbread, sprinkle with green onions, flake crab into smaller pieces and place on top of cream cheese/onion mixture. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes directly on your oven rack (or grill) until cheese is melted and crust is crispy.
- Drizzle/dot sweet and sour sauce around the top. (I usually just dip a fork into jarred sauce and drizzle onto pizza)
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 2446Total Fat: 87gSaturated Fat: 37gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 43gCholesterol: 260mgSodium: 4271mgCarbohydrates: 324gFiber: 13gSugar: 26gProtein: 87g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate