Strawberry and Vanilla Cake
Strawberry and Vanilla Cake. A soft and moist cake bursting with delicious strawberry and vanilla flavors. It tastes out of this world!
Strawberry and Vanilla Cake! This is a wonderful cake, fun to make and of course delicious too!
I wanted to create a cake which would taste just like strawberries and cream and one which would look pretty, but not overly fancy and fussy. With every bite, you get a taste of vanilla milkiness, combined with juicy, sweet strawberries. The frosting in the middle and on the outside of the cake adds to a wonderful creaminess and when all combined in your mouth, well… it really is just so delicious! The texture of the cake is soft and fluffy, and of course it is nice and moist, you know I hate a dry cake!
The cake is an easy recipe, and you could, if you wanted to, make a nice fancy frosting by piping decorations all over, or just do as I have done by keeping it simple and easy and still, in my opinion a stunning looking cake. So please enjoy our Strawberry and Vanilla Cake, it is a lovely, moist and soft cake and happy baking!
The Cake :
1 cup or 250 g butter, softened
1 cup or 200 g Regular or Castor Sugar
1 1/2 or 190 g cups AP flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
4 eggs, lightly beaten
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 cup or 60 ml milk
1 Cup or 150 g Fresh or frozen strawberries, mashed.
A handful of strawberries for decoration if you wish.
1 3/4 cups or 400 ml of whipping or heavy cream
2 Tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons gelatin powder
2 Tablespoons hot water
1. Preheat oven to 160 C, 325 F. Grease and lightly flour two 8 inch or 20 cm loose bottomed round cake tins.
2. Sift flour, salt and baking powder.
3. Lightly beat eggs and add vanilla in a bowl. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
4. Add egg mixture, a little at a time to the batter. Then add half the flour, then milk, then the rest of flour.
5. Divide cake batter mixture into 2 bowls. Add the mashed strawberries into one of the bowls and mix, together until all combined.
6. Alternate spoonfuls of vanilla and strawberry cake mixture into both tins. Use the end of a spoon handle to swirl around the mixture. *** Don’t over swirl. You want to leave the batter so you can see the different colours.
7. Bake 30 – 35 mins or until skewer comes out clean. Allow the cakes to rest for 2 minutes then remove from pans and place UPSIDE DOWN on a cooling rack. Allow to COMPLETELY cool before frosting.
*** Please note, bake times will vary slightly so please check for done – ness after 25 – 30 minutes of baking.Strawberry and Vanilla Cake. A soft cake bursting with delicious flavors. Out of this world!Click To Tweet
For the Whipped Cream Frosting:
8. Mix the gelatin in the hot water and let dissolve for 5 mins. Add a little cream into the gelatin mixture.
9. Whip the cream until soft peaks adding the sugar slowly. Add the vanilla extract. Then add the gelatin mixture and whip till stiff peaks.
10. Spread some frosting on the surface of one cake, place the other cake on top and frost the sides and top of the whole cake. Arrange some strawberries or sprinkles on the top. You choose what you like! Refrigerate for at least an hour for the frosting to firm up a little then serve with a nice cup of tea, and there you have our Strawberry and Vanilla Cake. Please enjoy!
We’d love to hear from you and what you thought of our post. Did you make any changes or add some other goodies? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
Come and check out our other goodies on Pinterest!