Hawaiian Poke Cake, a delicious soft sheet pan style cake loaded with pineapples, coconut and vanilla with a topping of cherries and walnuts on a cream frosting.
This recipe was made by one of our group members on Facebook, Rhonda Osborne Garland.
It's a super moist cake, with a lovely tropical flavor running right through.
It was in fact a popular recipe shared by Rhonda's cousin, Shirl Reed, so Rhonda says this; "Thanks to my cousin Shirl Reed for sharing the recipe with me it was delicious!!!"
Let's see how Rhonda makes this tasty cake.
Recipe By Shirl Reed & made by her cousin Rhonda Osborne Garland!
30 -35 minutes
24 slices. It makes a large cake, using a 9 x 13 pan.
1 yellow cake mix baked as directed in 9 x 13 pan
1 can crushed pineapples
1 large box vanilla instant pudding
1 bag of sweetened coconut
8oz cool whip
1 small bag of chopped walnuts (optional)
1 jar of cherries
1. Bake cake as directed on the box in 9 x 13 pan, let cool completely.
2. While the cake is baking, mix the vanilla pudding mix according to the box instructions and let it stand in the fridge till needed.
3. Once the cake has cooled poke holes in the top with a wooden spoon handle, add 1/2 can of pineapples and juice to the cake, then layer pudding on too, next layer another half can of pineapples and juice, 1/2 the bag of coconut, & then cool whip, lastly top with remaining cool whip, walnuts (if using), and cherries.
- 1 in yellow cake mix baked as directed
- 1 can crushed pineapples
- 1 large box vanilla instant pudding
- 1 bag of sweetened coconut
- 8 oz cool whip
- 1 small bag of chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 jar of cherries
- Bake cake as directed on the box in 9x13 pan, let cool completely.
- While cake is baking mix vanilla pudding mix according to box instructions and let it stand in fridge till needed.
- Once the cake has cooled poke holes in top with wooden spoon handle, add 1/2 can of pineapples and juice to the cake, then layer vanilla pudding on top, then the next layer use the other half can of pineapples and juice, 1/2 the bag of coconut, & then cool whip, lastly top with remaining cool whip, walnuts (if using) and cherries.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 140Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 188mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 1gSugar: 14gProtein: 1g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate