This delicious recipe has been generously shared by one of our Lovefoodies supporters, Adelenne Lee.
Banana Pies are always so popular, and very easy to make. Here, Adelenne has made Banana Cream Pie Trifle Cups, which involve no baking and they’re so easy to put together. You can serve these in individual glasses, or make once in say a trifle bowl. Very delicious and easy!
Recipe by Adelenne Lee
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: Refrigerate for 1 Hours
1 cup crushed Graham Crackers
1 tbs butter, softened
1 – 2 bananas, cut into slices
Lemon Juice, a squeeze
3 egg yolks
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups milk
2 tbs corn flour / cornstarch
2 tsp AP flour
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbs butter
1 1/2 cups whipped cream
***Note: You can add more or less bananas to the recipe, depending you how you like it!
1. Mix the Graham Cracker crumbs (keep aside 1 tbs for garnishing) with the softened butter. Divide into 4 glasses and press down. Set aside.
Slice the bananas and place in a bowl. Add a squeeze of lemon juice and give them a gentle shake to coat well with the juice. This will stop the bananas from turning brown. Set aside.
2. For pastry cream, Put milk in a saucepan and bring to just boiling. Remove from heat.
3. Whip the yolks and sugar in a mixer until pale and thick.
4. Add the flour and cornstarch to the eggs, and beat till smooth.
5. Slowly add the milk while mixer is on low then return mixture to the stove and stir continuously until thick.
6. Remove from heat and add in vanilla and butter. Set aside to cool.
7. To assemble, put a layer of pastry cream in the prepared glasses with crumb base. Arrange a layer of sliced bananas, followed by a layer of whipped cream. Repeat the layers with pastry cream, bananas and whipped cream.
Sprinkle the 1 tbs of biscuits crumbs on top of the whipped cream with a piece of sliced banana. Chill for an hour or so, if you can wait!