Dreamy Strawberry Dessert
Dreamy Strawberry Dessert really is dreamy! It’s quick and easy to make and always a hit!
Dreamy Strawberry Dessert. Simply OUT OF THIS WORLD! This is one BIG DELICIOUS DESSERT! That much I can promise!
Here I’ve come up with a wonderful combination of flavours and textures, and when you take a bite of this dessert… well… it really is very dreamy!
For the base, I have used lady fingers, soaked in strawberry puree. Then, we have a wonderful creamy layer of homemade strawberry pudding, then a layer of strawberries, covered in one more layer of yummy strawberry pudding and then topped off with a generous spread of freshly whipped cream. So, are you imagining eating this as I describe it to you? Gosh, it is so delicious, you really must try this!
When you take a bite, you get a beautiful sponge – like layer from the lady fingers, with a taste of the strawberries and combined with the creamy oh so creamy strawberry pudding and fresh cream topping. My oh my! You just have to try it yourself then you will know exactly why I chose to call this a dreamy strawberry dessert!
This recipe makes for 8 servings. Of course if you wanted to make for a crowd, simply increase all the ingredients. You could make this for a birthday, pot lucks, parties, holidays, or to have simply as a week night family dessert. Whatever you decide, I am very sure you will enjoy it.
The recipe is very easy to make, and even making your own homemade strawberry pudding is easy and quick. Once you have tried it homemade, I am sure you won’t be buying any packet mixes ever again!
So please do enjoy our dreamy strawberry dessert and be sure to let us know in the comments below if you made it for a party or a family dessert, and most importantly, if we got the thumbs up from your diners!
Prep Time: 20 minutes (Includes making the strawberry pudding)
Cook Time: Nil
Serves: 8 Slices
6 Lady fingers (savoiardi)
7 oz or 200 g Strawberries, sliced
For the Strawberry Pudding:
1/3 Cup or 65 g Sugar
3 Tablespoons Cornstarch
Pinch of salt
7 oz or 200 g Strawberries, pureed
1 1/2 Cups or 350 ml Milk
3 Egg Yolks
For the Topping:
1 Cup Whipping Cream
1 Tablespoon Powdered Sugar
4 Strawberries, halved, for decoration
You Will Need a suitable dish, mine measured 9 inches x 6 inches and 3 inches deep
1. Puree the strawberries and then dip each lady finger in the puree to coat. Then arrange the lady fingers in the dish like below. You won’t use all the puree for this dipping. The remaining puree will be used for the strawberry pudding.
2. Then make the Strawberry pudding as follows: In a saucepan, add the sugar, cornstarch, salt, remaining strawberry puree and milk. Stir so there are no lumps and bring to a gentle boil, stirring all the time. As soon as it boils, remove from heat.
3. In a bowl, add the egg yolks and lightly beat. Then slowly pour in half of the milk mixture, stirring as you pour. Return the bowl mixture to the saucepan and bring to a gentle boil, stirring all the time until it starts to boil. At this point, have a little taste to see if you have the amount of sweetness to your liking. If you need more, simply add a tablespoon of sugar at a time and taste as you go along. Remove from heat, transfer to a bowl and cover with plastic wrap to cool.
4. Arrange slices of strawberries over the lady fingers. (use half the quantity). Then spread half of the strawberry pudding over the strawberries, then arrange the remaining strawberry slices on top of the pudding and then the remaining strawberry pudding on top of the strawberries. Cover the surface of the pudding with plastic wrap and allow to chill completely for at least 4 hours. Overnight is even better.
5. Whip the cream and powdered sugar to stiff peaks then spread over the pudding mixture.
6. Decorate on the top with some sliced strawberry halves and refrigerate for 4 hours then serve.
And there you have our Dreamy Strawberry Dessert! Please enjoy!
We’d love to hear from you and what you thought of our post. Did you make any changes or add some other goodies? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
Come and check out our Dreamy Coconut and Pineapple Dessert below. That is also so dreamy delicious!
Come and check out our other goodies on Pinterest!