Zingy Lemon Butter Chicken Wings. These are lovely baked chicken wings with a zingy lemon flavor. Easy recipe, and oh so good!
Zingy Lemon Butter Chicken Wings! Gosh, these are delicious. There's a little story behind how this recipe came about.
Lovefoodies and 10 other bloggers decided we would give each other a recipe challenge. We decided each blogger would have 30 days to come up with a tested and of course most delicious drooling recipe suitable for all skill levels and one which would become a keeper recipe in our homes.
So, without further ado, we all scratched our heads and came up with our first 30 Day Challenge which should feature LEMONS in the recipe!
Well, when I saw the theme would be lemons, I was so excited. I absolutely love using lemons in food, and immediately I was thinking of all the different cakes I could bake, perhaps some lemon cookies, maybe even a lemon cream cheese sticky bun recipe.
Then I thought I could make a lovely Chinese lemon chicken recipe (that is always so delicious too!), or a nice fish in a creamy garlic butter sauce... but after all my imagining and dreaming, I decided on these lovely Zingy Lemon Butter Chicken Wings. The recipe is completely fuss free and fancy free, and absolutely delicious!
I think the addition of the butter after baking simply brings the whole recipe together, and each bite will give you a lovely taste of zingy lemon, salt, pepper, butter and a little sweetness from the honey.
These zingy lemon butter chicken wings would be perfect for a party or gathering. You can eat them warm or cold, so taking them along to a picnic or for example, a July 4th party, New Year's Eve party and so on. They do go quick so be sure to make plenty if you're feeding a crowd!
When I tasted one of these zingy lemon butter chicken wings straight from the oven, I knew I had struck gold with the flavors. They were simply magical! So this is the recipe I settled for and I'm very proud to put forward for our 30 Day Lemon Challenge. We hope you enjoy it as much as we do and most of all, have lots of fun cooking them too!
At the end of this recipe, we have all the lovely lemon recipes from the other bloggers who took part in our 30 Day Lemon challenge so be sure to take a look and click on any of them to see the recipe.
So let's get straight to the recipe and see how we make our zingy lemon butter chicken wings. Please enjoy!
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 40 Minutes
Serves: 24 pieces
12 Chicken Wings
Juice 1 lemon
1 Tablespoon Honey
Zest 1 lemon
1 teaspoon Cracked Black Pepper
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon garlic powder
For AFTER baking:
2 Tablespoons melted Butter
1. Preheat oven to 450 F or 230 C and line a tray with foil and lightly grease.
2. Cut the chicken wings in half so you have 2 pieces from each wing and place in a bowl. Add the juice of a lemon and the honey.
3. In a separate bowl, add all the ingredients for the seasoning above.
4. Transfer HALF of the seasoning ingredients to the chicken wings and rub everything together so the flavors go into the wings.
5. Arrange the wings on your prepared baking tray and cook for about 30 - 40 minutes or until the chicken is nice and golden and crispy.
6. 5 Minutes before the end of cooking, melt the butter in a small bowl and add the remaining seasoning. Stir well.
7. Remove the wings from the oven and transfer to a bowl and pour the butter over the hot wings and give it a toss. Serve whilst still hot and enjoy!
We'd love to hear from you and what you thought of our zingy lemon chicken wings recipe. Did you make any changes or add some other goodies? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
Here are a few more of our popular Chicken Wing recipes for you to enjoy!
- 12 Chicken Wings
- Juice 1 lemon
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- Zest 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoons melted Butter
- Preheat oven to 450 F or 230 C and line a tray with foil and lightly grease.
- Cut the chicken wings in half so you have 2 pieces from each wing and place in a bowl. Add the juice of a lemon and the honey.
- In a separate bowl, add all the ingredients for the seasoning above.
- Transfer HALF of the seasoning ingredients to the chicken wings and rub everything together so the flavors go in to the wings.
- Arrange the wings on your prepared baking tray and cook for about 30 - 40 minutes or until the chicken is nice and golden and crispy.
- 5 Minutes before the end of cooking, melt the butter in a small bowl and add the remaining seasoning. Stir well.
- Remove the wings from the oven and transfer to a bowl and pour the butter over the hot wings and give it a toss. Serve whilst still hot and enjoy!
Check out all the other lovely lemon recipes below from bloggers who took part in our 30 Day Lemon Challenge.
- Buttery Lemon Garlic Rice by Hot Eats and Cool Reads
- Lemon Brulee Tart by Life Currents
- Lemon Cardamom Scones by Manila Spoon
- Lemon Garlic Chicken by Savory Experiments
- Creamy Lemon Layered Pie by Who Needs A Cape?
- Lemon Panna Cotta by Culinary Ginger
- Lemon Pie Bars by Noshing With The Nolands
- Lemon Pudding Cheesecake by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- No Bake Lemon Cheesecake by Num's the Word
- Mini Meyer Lemon Loaves by Liv for Cake
- Zingy Lemon Chicken Wings by Lovefoodies