Nanny's Chocolate Fudge Brownie Cake is a keeper recipe! Easy to make and perfect for chocolate lovers. This is also freezer-friendly if you wanted to make it into portions or make it ahead for a party!
Nanny's Chocolate Fudge Brownie Cake! Oh boy!
This is one of Nanny Pat's treasured 'keeper' recipes and here's what Nanny has to say about her recipe;
"This cake will take care of anyone's chocolate craving. The cake is dense but not heavy, and not overly sweet. I have marked it "Keeper".
These photos are ones I made for a Birthday special cake (my favorite Birthday Cake.....would make it in a tube pan, and frost with homemade white Buttercream Frosting). But birthday or not, it is perfect as is....XOXO Nanny."
Nanny's Chocolate Fudge Brownie Cake is certainly very popular, with over 1 million shares across social media, you can rest assured, this cake will be a hit when you serve it up.
It's perfect for parties, potlucks, Christmas and Thanksgiving time, Easter.. in fact, any time!
We have had a few comments from our readers who have said some of the batter spilled over in the oven. Please please make sure you DO NOT NO NO NO use the ingredients listed on the box mixes, just the ingredients listed below.
Then you should be absolutely fine with no chocolate fudge volcanic eruptions happening in your oven!
Some of our readers have made this just on its own, some have added the frosting and others have made up their own frosting recipe. Whichever way you decide to make this, please enjoy!
And if you're baking for just one or two people, why not cut the cake into slices and wrap individually and freeze. At least you'll have a nice little supply of nanny's cake to hand when you get that craving!
In the photo below, Nanny's sliced some of her chocolate fudge brownie cake and put in boxes to take for friends. Of course, they all loved it!
Last week I made nanny's chocolate fudge brownie cake but added an Easter touch to it. I was going to a school reunion and since it's coming up to Easter I thought what better than to bring a cake along for my old school friends to enjoy!
The photo below just gives you an idea of how you can decorate it for any occasion, Easter included!
Note: you do need to make sure the little chocolate eggs have set into the frosting before transferring to a plate/container otherwise they will roll off if the frosting is still wet!
Here's Nanny's chocolate fudge cake made by one of our readers, made this for her son's 14th birthday, like a UFO Spaceship. It looks great!
1 box chocolate cake mix (I used Betty Crocker's Choc. Fudge 15.25 oz.)
1 box fudge brownie mix (I used Duncan Hines Decadent Brownies 17.6 oz.)
1 1/4 cups water
1 cup oil
1 can Pillsbury chocolate fudge cake icing
Nanny Pat's 70th Birthday
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease and lightly flour a 10-inch bundt pan ( I use Baker's Joy spray).
Do NOT use the ingredients on the brownie mix and cake mix, just what is listed above.
2. In a bowl add the cake mix, brownie mix, oil eggs, and water.
Pour into bundt pan and bake 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
***NOTE: Pour enough cake batter to fill the pan 2/3rds the way up. If you have any batter left over, just pop it in some cupcake liners!
The photo below is when I baked Nanny's chocolate fudge brownie cake, I didn't use a toothpick but a cake skewer. So cute!
3. Let cake cool completely after waiting 10 min. out of the oven onto a cooling rack and then transfer to a serving plate.
4. In a small bowl, add 1/2 tub of ready to use cake icing, and melt in the microwave 30-45 seconds until it is able to be drizzled over cake.
Below is a photo of a slice of Nanny's cake when I baked it. It is very rich so you only need a thin slice!
We'd love to hear from you and what you thought of our post. Did you make any changes or add some other goodies? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
Here are a couple more lovely classic Birthday Cake recipes we can recommend, and so popular too!
Birthday Cake by Liv For Cake
and Best Yellow Birthday Cake Recipe with a Mocha Frosting by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch. Be sure to check those 2 out!
Have you tried Nanny's Best Chocolate Brownie Muffins yet? They're really good!
- 1 box chocolate cake mix, I used Betty Crocker's Choc. Fudge 15.25 .
- 1 box fudge brownie mix, I used Duncan Hines Decadent Brownies 17.6 .
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 cup oil
- 1 can Pillsbury chocolate fudge cake icing
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease and lightly flour a 10 inch bundt pan ( I use Baker's Joy spray).
- ***NOTE: Do NOT use the ingredients on the brownie mix and cake mix, just what is listed above.
- In a bowl add the cake mix, brownie mix, oil eggs, and water. Pour into bundt pan and bake 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. ***NOTE: Pour enough cake batter to fill the pan 2/3rds the way up. If you have any batter left over, just pop it in some cupcake liners!
- Let cake cool completely after waiting 10 min. out of the oven onto a cooling rack and then transfer to serving plate.
- In a small bowl, add 1/2 tub of ready to use cake icing, and melt in the microwave 30-45 seconds until it is able to be drizzled over cake.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
MEYKISS Cake Tester, Stainless Steel Cake Tester Probe Skewer Kitchen Baking Tools, Set of 2
Wilton Excelle Elite 3-Tier Cooling Rack for Cookies, Cakes and More
Nordic Ware Platinum Collection Anniversary Bundt Pan
Nordic Ware Pro Cast Original Bundt Pan, 12 Cup
Nordic Ware Deluxe Bundt Cake Keeper
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 437Total Fat: 38gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 31gCholesterol: 105mgSodium: 165mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 0gSugar: 11gProtein: 5g