Easy Apple Angel Dump Cake, so delicious with a blob or two of ice cream! Easy recipe and quick to make. Oven or slow cooker, you choose!
This delicious recipe has been generously shared by one of our Lovefoodie supporters, Cathy Kopp.
Cathy is always cooking delicious Home made dishes, and just loves to cook.
Here, Cathy's Apple Angel Dump Cake is incredibly easy and a real family hit!
There are only 2 main ingredients, so how easy is that? You can also swap the apple for cherries or blueberries, whatever you like!
Recipe by Cathy Kopp
20 -30 minutes
You will need
a 9 x 13 greased pan Or a crockpot
20 oz Can Apple Pie Filling
16 oz Box Angel Food Cake Mix (DRY)
Sugar to your taste
Cinnamon to your taste
*****If you would like to use another pie filling, just swap the apple for the same amount and it will work nicely. Here's our Blueberry Dump Cake version. So delicious!
Check out our handy Oven Temperature Conversion Guide!
1. Preheat oven to 350 F / 180 C / Gas 4.
2. Mix the first 2 ingredients together and pour into your greased cake pan.
3. Sprinkle with Sugar and Cinnamon if you wish.
4. Bake for 20 – 30 minutes when browned. It should be a little soft inside and not completely set.
Serve with some delicious ice cream or whipped cream.
For the slow cooker
Another of our Lovefoodies friends, Jean Wiggins has suggestions for cooking this in the crock pot:
"You can do it in your Crock-Pot too. Just don't mix the filling and cake mix together. Pie filling on the bottom of a well-buttered crockpot, then sprinkle the cake mix on top of that and dot with butter. No need for sugar in this one as it is very sweet on its own.
Cook times are approximate, as a guide for the crockpot cooking:
4-6 hrs LOW or 1 ½ - 2 ½ hrs HIGH"
We'd love to hear from you and what you thought of our recipe. Did you make any changes or add some other ingredients? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
- 20 oz Can Apple Pie Filling
- 16 oz Box Angel Food Cake Mix, DRY
- Sugar to your taste
- Cinnamon to your taste
For the oven:
- Preheat oven to 350 F / 180 C / Gas 4.
- Mix the first 2 ingredients together and pour into your greased cake pan.
- Sprinkle with Sugar and Cinnamon if you wish.
- Bake for 20 – 30 minutes when browned. It should be a little soft inside and not completely set.
- Serve with some delicious ice cream or whipped cream.
For the Slow Cooker
- Add Pie filling on the bottom of a well buttered crock pot, then sprinkle the cake mix on top of that and dot with butter. No need for sugar in this one as it is very sweet on it's own.
- Cook times are approximate, as a guide for the crock pot cooking:
- 4-6 hrs LOW or 1 ½ - 2 ½ hrs HIGH
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 172Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 366mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 3g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate