Baked Strawberry Cheesecake. An easy recipe with a delicious topping. Option for a blueberry topping too. Perfect for parties, celebrations and a lovely weekend dessert for the family.
What a lovely dessert we have for you to enjoy! This is a very easy recipe and you can switch the toppings too if you wish because we've added a variation of blueberries for you so if you can't decide which baked cheesecake to make then simply bake a blueberry and a strawberry cheesecake!
I do love strawberries any time of the year. of course, during the summer months, fresh strawberries are at their best, and cheapest too. They're sweet, juicy and vivid red color.
But what if you can't get fresh strawberries and you want to make this baked strawberry cheesecake for Thanksgiving or Christmas? Well, the solution is to use frozen strawberries. Because you'll be making syrup with the strawberries, it doesn't really matter too much if they're a little misshaped or not whole. Just save a few good-looking ones for the top as decoration.
If you enjoy baked cheesecakes we have a great selection of baked cheesecake recipes for you to enjoy. e for you to choose from. We've also got a handy guide on how to avoid cheesecake surface cracking and what a water bath or bain-marie is.
The cheesecake itself is a basic vanilla baked cheesecake with a strawberry fruit topping. So if you enjoy making cheesecakes, be sure to keep this recipe somewhere safe because it's so flexible, so long as you have the basic recipe, you will be able to make some additions if you wish to, such as adding a few chocolate chips or perhaps decorating the top with a drizzle of caramel and maple roasted pecans.
Our Baked Strawberry Cheesecake is often popular for birthday celebrations and Spring and Summer times when everyone goes to picnics and potlucks. It's a great dessert to take along to a party. you can make ahead and refrigerate. Store the topping in a container and when you arrive at the party, simply pour the topping on the cheesecake and serve. Easy peasy!
So let's get straight to the recipe and see how we make our Baked Strawberry Cheesecake. Please enjoy!
Recipe by Adelenne Lee
Check out our handy Oven Temperature Conversion Guide!
Approx 1 hrs
6 - 8 Persons
You will need
½ cup or 100 g unsalted butter, melted
2 cups or 250 g graham cracker crumbs / digestive biscuits
3 tbs sugar
Pinch of salt
16 oz or 500 g packages cream cheese, room temp
2 cups or 480 g sour cream
¾ cup or 150 g sugar
3 large eggs
Zest of a lemon
1 tsp vanilla
Boiling water for roasting pan
3 cups or 450 g blueberries or strawberries
¾ cup or 150 g sugar
2 tbs sugar
2 tbs lemon juice
1 tbs cornstarch
1. Preheat oven to 325F or 180C.
Coat a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray. Wrap exterior of pan with foil. See here for preparing baking pan for a water bath
2. Mix crumbs, butter, 3 tbs sugar and salt. Press mixture firmly into bottom of pan. Refrigerate 15 mins.
3. Beat cream cheese with mixer until fluffy.
4. Add sour cream, sugar, eggs, lemon zest and vanilla. Beat until combined and pour into pan.
5. Put the pan into a large roasting pan. Pour enough boiling water until it comes up halfway up the side of the springform pan. Best to do this in the oven to prevent spillage.
6. Bake about 1 hour, till its set but the center is still slightly wobbly. Let cake cool for about 30 mins and chill in the fridge for at least 6 hours or overnight.
7. Run a knife around the edge and remove the pan.
8. Pour strawberry or blueberry topping on cheesecake.
For the topping
Put all the ingredients into a saucepan and cook until berries break down.
Cool and refrigerate the topping until ready to use. Pour the topping over the cheesecake and decorate how you wish with some extra fruit or simply leave as it is! Please enjoy!
We'd love to hear from you and what you thought of our post. Did you make any changes or add some other goodies? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
Baked Strawberry Cheesecake
Baked Strawberry Cheesecake. An easy recipe with a delicious topping. Option for a blueberry topping too. Perfect for parties, celebrations and a lovely weekend dessert for the family
- ½ cup or 100 g unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups or 250 g graham cracker crumbs / digestive biscuits
- 3 tbs sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 16 oz or 500 g packages cream cheese, room temp
- 2 cups or 480 g sour cream
- ¾ cup or 150 g sugar
- 3 large eggs
- Zest of a lemon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Boiling water for roasting pan
- 3 cups or 450 g blueberries or strawberries
- ¾ cup or 150 g sugar
- 2 tbs sugar
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tbs cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 325F or 180C.
- Coat a 9 inch springform pan with cooking spray. Wrap exterior of pan with foil.
- Mix crumbs, butter, 3 tbs sugar and salt. Press mixture firmly into bottom of pan. Refrigerate 15 mins.
- Beat cream cheese with mixer until fluffy.
- Add sour cream, sugar, eggs, lemon zest and vanilla. Beat until combined and pour into pan.
- Put the pan into a large roasting pan. Pour enough boiling water until it comes up halfway of the side of the springform pan. Best to do this in the oven to prevent spillage.
- Bake about 1 hour, till its set but the centre is still slightly wobbly. Let cake cool for about 30 mins and chill in fridge for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Run a knife around the edge and remove the pan.
- Pour strawberry or blueberry topping on cheesecake.
For the topping
- Put all the ingredients into a saucepan and cook until berries breakdown.
- Cool and refrigerate the topping until ready to use.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 819Total Fat: 49gSaturated Fat: 26gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 195mgSodium: 412mgCarbohydrates: 89gFiber: 3gSugar: 65gProtein: 11g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate
Here's a selection of delicious Baked Cheesecakes for you to enjoy
Fluffy Lemon Ricotta Cheesecake is a lovely baked dessert and so light and airy. Perfect for Easter, Mother's Day or any time of the year!
Coconut Ricotta Cheesecake. A wonderful fluffy, soft & creamy baked coconut cheesecake, out of this world! Tips on how to avoid cheesecake cracking included in the recipe
Orange or Clementine Ricotta Cheesecake. A lovely crustless baked dessert. Light and airy cheesecake, topped with zesty sweet homemade orange curd and fresh whipped cream.
Caramel and Vanilla Cheesecake. A rich, smooth, and creamy baked classic vanilla cheesecake with drizzles of caramel. Easy made from scratch recipe
Fluffy Honey Cheesecake. A delicious soft and dreamy cheesecake topped with Honey roasted pecans too!
Strawberry and Coconut Ricotta Cheesecake
Strawberry and Coconut Ricotta Cheesecake. A delicious fluffy, creamy baked cheesecake with fresh strawberries and coconut in the filling and topped with a fresh strawberry puree. Very easy recipe too!
Creamy Tiramisu Cheesecake. This is a lovely dessert with the flavors of the classic Italian Tiramisu.
Carrot Cake Cheesecake. Simply a Show Stopping Wow!
Japanese Cheesecake. This is a wonderful baked cheesecake, light and as fluffy as a feather! Easy recipe and always popular with a cup of tea!
Crockpot Lemon Cheesecake, an easy slow cooker & oven recipe. A delicious dessert for Spring, this cheesecake has a balance of sweet and sharp with a lovely creamy texture.
Chocolate Cake Cheesecake. Wow! Every Chocolate lover's dream!
RED VELVET CAKE CHEESECAKE. Lovely vanilla cheesecake sandwiched between soft red velvet cakes and then topped with a light, fluffy puffy whipped cream frosting. It really is a WOW!
Peanut Butter Brownie Cheesecake, a popular baked cheesecake with a brownie base and peanut butter filling. Perfect for chocolate lovers and great for parties and celebrations.
Chocolate Cheesecake. It's rich, decadent and perfect for any chocolate lover! Really easy recipe and simply out of this world!
German Chocolate Cheesecake. Oh boy! This is a wonderful recipe with a rich chocolate flavor. Every chocolate lover's dream!
White Chocolate Salted Caramel Cheesecake. A great tasting baked cheesecake, and easy to make too!
Turtle Cheesecake is a delicious creamy baked cheesecake topped with pecans, caramel, and chocolate. A perfect combination of deliciousness in every bite. Great for parties and celebrations.
Cheesecake Cupcakes, New York Style mini vanilla cheesecakes with a strawberry or raspberry swirl. Easy made from scratch recipe and ideal for parties
I made it. It worked.
I did adapt some of the baking instructions though, like I turned the oven off and left it in there with the oven cooling down, because apparently that reduces cracking. I didn’t have a lot of cracking, so I’m guessing it was a success?
My husband made a blueberry coulis instead of strawberry one, as he didn’t know where the frozen strawberries were lol