Caramel and Vanilla Cheesecake. This is a lovely rich, smooth, and creamy baked classic vanilla cheesecake with drizzles of caramel. The recipe is very easy and always popular!
This delicious recipe has been generously shared by one of our great cooks, Carina. She's always coming up with great recipes, and here we have Cari's Easy Caramel and Vanilla Cheesecake. It's creamy and nice and fluffy like a baked cheesecake should be!
This Easy Cheesecake is so flexible and perfect if you want to make it ahead of time too.
If you stick to the basic recipe, you can switch the flavors very easily, or if you wanted to make a few different cheesecakes for a party, Thanksgiving or Christmas time, you could triple the recipe to make 3 cheesecakes and simply switch out the caramel for a different flavor such as lemon curd, a strawberry or raspberry preserve, Nutella etc. Whatever you fancy!
So give our Easy Caramel Vanilla Cheesecake a try and don't be afraid to experiment with different flavors too!
Recipe by Carina Duclos
Check out our handy Oven Temperature Conversion Guide!
For the base
1 ⅓ cups / 160 g graham crackers crumbs (or Digestive biscuits for non US)
⅓ cup / 65 g brown sugar
½ tsp cinnamon
⅓ cups / 75 g melted butter
12 oz / 340 g cream cheese room temperature
½ cup / 100 g white sugar
½ tsp vanilla extract
3 Tablespoons Dulce De Leche
Please note, this is quite a 'sweet' dessert. If you wish for less sweet, please reduce the sugar quantity for the filling to approx half.
1. Preheat oven 350F or 180C or Gas 4
Make the base
2. Combine the crumbs, sugar and cinnamon. Stir the melted butter. Press evenly into a 9 inches pie plate
Make the filling
3. Beat the cheese with the sugar until well mixed.
Add eggs one at the time and keep beating.
Add the vanilla.
Beat until smooth and pour into the prepared crust.
4. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes
Allow to completely cool then drizzle dulce de leche on the top of the whole cheesecake, or slice and drizzle individually.
Please note, you may have some filling and crust leftover, depending on how deep your pie dish is. I just make some cupcake ones with any leftovers.
We'd love to hear from you and what you thought of our post. Did you make any changes or add some other goodies? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
For the base:
- 1 ⅓ cups / 160 g graham crackers crumbs, or Digestive biscuits for non US
- ⅓ cup / 65 g brown sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ⅓ cups / 75 g melted butter
- 12 oz / 340 g cream cheese room temperature
- ½ cup / 100 g white sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tablespoons Dulce De Leche
- Preheat oven 350F or 180C or Gas 4
Make the base
- Combine the crumbs, sugar and cinnamon. Stir the melted butter. Press evenly into a 9 inches pie plate
Make the filling
- Beat the cheese with the sugar until well mixed. Add eggs one at the time and keep beating. Add the vanilla. Beat until smooth and pour into the prepared crust.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes
- Allow to completely cool then drizzle dulce de leche over the top of the whole cheesecake or slice and drizzle on each slice.
**Please note, this is quite a sweet dessert so you may wish to reduce the sugar quantity by around ⅓ less.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 578Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 149mgSodium: 428mgCarbohydrates: 59gFiber: 1gSugar: 42gProtein: 8g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate