Pumpkin Zucchini Bread, An easy recipe with fabulous aromas and great tasting. Freezer friendly and a perfect way to enjoy zucchini!
Pumpkin Zucchini Bread, what a lovely easy recipe we have for you!
This recipe is a family favorite and you just have to close your eyes and imagine the aroma when this is baking in the oven with all the lovely spices of cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger. Ahhhh delicious!
Most if not all the ingredients for this pumpkin zucchini bread you will likely have in your store cupboard, you just need to get some fresh zucchini, unless you're very organised and happen to have some shredded zucchini saved in the freezer!
This cake is perfect served as it is with a lovely cup of tea. However, if you wanted to make a quick glaze to go on the top, feel free to! You can bake this and cut into slices and freeze if you are baking for yourself or the two of you. Then simply get a couple of slices out of the freezer to defrost and you can enjoy whenever you like!
We've had feedback from many who have tried this pumpkin zucchini bread and the reviews have all been wonderful so thank you to everyone who's told us how you've enjoyed the recipe.Some of you made it to take to a Church coffee morning, some for potlucks, some for Mother's Day, some just to have at home, the list is endless!
This Pumpkin Zucchini Bread has been generously shared by Libby Myrick. It's become a family favourite and the recipe was adapted from Organic Gardening . Libby has changed quite a few ingredients from the original recipe to suit her family's taste and it certainly is delicious and moist.
It's certainly a lovely cake, full of all the goodies you would expect in a cake, perfect for Fall, with wonderful aromas and tastes of the spices as it's baking!
Recipe adapted from Organic Gardening by Libby Myrick
Approx 1 hr
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
¼ teaspoon ground cloves
½ teaspoon ground ginger
½ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
3 large eggs
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 cup packed brown sugar
½ cup butter, softened
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 cups shredded zucchini
1 cup Raisins
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Grease a Bundt or 9-inch loaf pan.
2. In a bowl, add the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, salt, baking powder, and baking soda and combine.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, pumpkin, brown sugar, butter, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Stir in the shredded zucchini. Then transfer this batter to the flour mixture and stir until everything is combined. Fold in the raisins.
4. Pour into the baking pan. Bake for 60 to 70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean. Allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes then turn out onto a cooling rack to completely cool.
Please note, cook time for the Bundt pan will be around 60 minutes and for the 9-inch loaf pan, around 1 hr 10 minutes. Always check after 1 hr for doneness as all ovens are different.
We'd love to hear from you and what you thought of our post. Did you make any changes or add some other goodies? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
If you love pumpkin, then we can recommend this delicious Pumpkin Pie recipe from Life Currents. It's so popular!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup Raisins
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Grease a Bundt or 9 inch loaf pan.
- In a bowl, add the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, salt, baking powder, and baking soda and combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, pumpkin, brown sugar, butter, and vanilla until
- light and fluffy. Stir in the shredded zucchini. Then transfer this batter to the flour mixture and stir until everything is combined. Fold in the raisins.
- Pour into the baking pan. Bake for 60 to 70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in
- the center comes out clean. Allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes then turn out onto a cooling rack to completely cool.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 235Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 50mgSodium: 271mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 2gSugar: 18gProtein: 4g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate