Easy Pecan Pie, is a delicious sweet dessert, loaded with pecan nuts and a buttery toffee-like filling, in a sweet pie crust. Always popular at Thanksgiving.
No Thanksgiving is complete without a Pecan Pie and a Pumpkin Pie! For this recipe, we have made it simple, so you can choose to use a shop-bought pie crust, or make your own pie crust with our easy shortcrust pastry recipe. Sandra's made a wonderful Pecan Pie!
It's a very easy recipe and perfect for the holiday season, although you could have this pie any time of year, it's just so delicious!
If you've never tried pecan pie before, you will love it! It's got a sweet, sticky toffee-like filling, with crucny pecan nuts and then traditionally, decorated on the top with an arrangement of more pecans. All of this delicious gooey filling is baked in a sweet, butter pie crust, and left to chill so it can set. (don't try to slice this hot from the oven as the filling will ooze everywhere!)
Serve a slice of this lovely pie with some freshly whipped cream or a blob of vanilla ice cream.
If you're hosting a party, we've got a great recipe to make mini pecan pies too so be sure to check that out.
Recipe by Sandra Schlimer
45 - 50 minutes
One 9 inch pie
9 inch unbaked pie crust or make your own pie crust using our recipe.
1 cup light corn syrup
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
3 eggs, slightly beaten
⅓ cup butter, melted
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 heaping cup pecan halves
1. In a large bowl, combine corn syrup, sugar, eggs, butter, salt and vanilla ; mix well. Pour filling into unbaked pie crust and sprinkle with pecan halves.
2. Bake at 350 F for 45-50 minutes or until center is set. ( toothpick inserted in center will come out clean when pie is done ) Cool. Serve with whipped cream.
My oven is electric and takes 50 minutes, a gas oven will take a shorter amount of time.
We'd love to hear from you and what you thought of our recipe. Did you make any changes or add some other ingredients? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
- 9 inch unbaked pie crust
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heaping pecan halves
- In a large bowl, combine corn syrup, sugar, eggs, butter, salt and vanilla ; mix well. Pour filling into unbaked pie crust and sprinkle with pecan halves.
- Bake at 350 F for 45-50 minutes or until center is set. ( toothpick inserted in center will come out clean when pie is done ) Cool. Serve with whipped cream.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 520Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 90mgSodium: 369mgCarbohydrates: 72gFiber: 2gSugar: 56gProtein: 5g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate