Homemade Peach Pie. A wonderful recipe all made from scratch with a delicious crispy flaky pastry. Serve warm with some whipped cream or ice cream! Yummy!
Peach Pie! I do love a good pie and this peach pie hits the spot perfectly! The filling is full of juicy fresh peaches, and match that with a perfectly flaky pie crust, you have a delicious combination.
This peach pie recipe is made from scratch, and easy to make. You can, of course, use store-bought pastry if you’re pushed for time or don’t feel confident to make your own pastry, however, our simply Flaky Pastry recipe really is easy and once you’ve made your own, you won’t go back to ready made pastry again! The pastry is flaky and buttery, and when baked, forms crispy layers which really do flake!
This delicious recipe has been generously shared by one of our great cooks, Simone.
Simone’s made the most of the sweet plump peaches she’s managed to get this Summer and so decided to make a Peach Pie!
Simone has also used our Lovefoodies own Flaky Pastry recipe and as you can see from the photo, her peach pie looks absolutely delicious!
So let’s see how easy this pie is to make.
Recipe from Simone Logozzo
Prep Time: 30 minutes (includes pastry)
Cook Time: 1 hour approx
Yield: 4 – 6 Persons
You will need: an oven proof 8 inch deep pie dish
Enough Flaky Pastry for the base and top, to fit 8 inch pie dish. I suggest a 10 inch disc for the base and an 8 inch for the top. If using our own Flaky Pastry recipe, double the quantity to ensure you have plenty to line the bottom and top.
The Pie Filling:
10 peaches peeled and sliced/chopped
1 cup water
1 cup regular sugar
1/4 cup cornstarch
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp cinnamon
To make your own flaky pastry like Simone, click on the photo below for the recipe.
1.Make the pastry for the base and the top.
If you wish to use the same recipe Simone used, click on the photo above in the ingredients list.
2. Boil water, sugar and cornstarch slowly to form a gel. Add peaches, vanilla and spices once you take the base off the heat.
3. Remove your pastry from the fridge and cut into two pieces. Roll out and line the base of the dish with one, fill with the peach filling then top the dish with the other piece of rolled out pastry.
4. Bake at 350 for about an hour.
****** When you line the pie dish with the pastry, bring it up the sides and over the rim so that when you place the top crust on, you can pinch around the edges to seal both bottom and top crusts together.
We’d love to hear from you and what you thought of our post. Did you make any changes or add some other goodies? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
If you’d like to make a different fruit filling, you can take a look at our easy recipe for how to make a fruit pie filling here. There are to variations, one for plain and one for caramel. You can adapt for any fruit. It’s a quick and simple recipe for you!
Here are a few more delicious pie recipes for you to enjoy!
- inch Enough Flaky Pastry for the base and top to fit 8 pie dish. I suggest a 10 inch disc for the base and an 8 inch for the top.
- 10 peaches peeled and sliced/chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup regular sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Make the pastry for the base and the top.
- Boil water, sugar and cornstarch slowly to form a gel. Add peaches, vanilla and spices once you take the base off the heat.
- Remove your pastry from the fridge and cut into two pieces. Roll out and line the base of the dish with one, fill with the peach filling then top the dish with the other piece of rolled out pastry.
- Bake at 350 for about an hour.