Nanny’s Chocolate Fudge Brownie Cake is a keeper recipe! Easy to make and perfect for chocolate lover’s.This is also freezer friendly if you wanted to make in to portions or make ahead for a party!
Nanny’s Chocolate Fudge Brownie Cake! Oh boy!
This is one of Nanny Pat’s treasured ‘keeper’ recipes and here’s what Nanny has to say about her recipe;
“This cake will take care of anyone’s chocolate craving. The cake is dense but not heavy, and not overly sweet. I have marked it “Keeper”. These photos are ones I one for a Birthday special cake (my favorite Birthday Cake…..would make it in a tube pan, and frost w/ homemade white Buttercream Frosting)…..but birthday or not, it is perfect as is….XOXO Nanny.”
Nanny’s Chocolate Fudge Brownie Cake is certainly very popular, with over 1 million shares across social media, you can rest assured, this cake will be a hit when you serve it up. It’s perfect for parties, potlucks, Christmas and Thanksgiving time, Easter.. in fact, any time!
**We have had a few comments from our readers who have said some of the batter spilled over in the oven. Please please make sure you DO NOT NO NO NO use the ingredients listed on the box mixes, just the ingredients listed below. Then you should be absolutely fine with no chocolate fudge volcanic eruptions happening in your oven!
Some of our readers have made this just on it’s own, some have added the frosting and others have made up their own frosting recipe. Whichever way you decide to make this, please enjoy! And if you’re baking for just one or two people, why not cut the cake in to slices and wrap individually and freeze. At least you’ll have a nice little supply of nanny’s cake to hand when you get that craving!
Prep Time: 10 Min
Cook Time: 55 Min
1 box chocolate cake mix (I used Betty Crocker’s Choc. Fudge 15.25 oz.)
1 box fudge brownie mix (I used Duncan Hines Decadent Brownies 17.6 oz.)
1 1/4 cups water
1 cup oil
1 can Pillsbury chocolate fudge cake icing
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease and lightly flour an 8 – 9 inch bundt pan ( I use Baker’s Joy spray).
2. In a bowl add the cake mix, brownie mix, oil eggs and water. Pour into bundt pan and bake 50-55 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
NOTE*** Do NOT use the ingredients on the brownie mix and cake mix, just what is listed above.
3. Let cake cool completely after waiting 10 min. out of the oven onto a cooling rack and then transfer to serving plate.Nanny's Chocolate Fudge Brownie Cake. It's keeper! Easy to make & perfect for chocolate lover's.Click To Tweet
4. In a small bowl, add 1/2 tub of ready to use cake icing, and melt in the microwave 30-45 seconds until it is able to be drizzled over cake.
We’d love to hear from you and what you thought of our post. Did you make any changes or add some other goodies? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
Have you tried Nanny’s Best Chocolate Brownie Muffins yet? They’re really good!
Another lovely cake for you to enjoy is our very popular Easy Cinnamon Swirl Loaf. It’s another keeper recipe!
We’ve also got a delicious really easy Honey Bun Cake, great for crowds and cake lovers!
Come and check out our other goodies on Pinterest!
- 1 box chocolate cake mix I used Betty Crocker's Choc. Fudge 15.25 .
- 1 box fudge brownie mix I used Duncan Hines Decadent Brownies 17.6 .
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 cup oil
- 1 can Pillsbury chocolate fudge cake icing
Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease and lightly flour a bundt pan ( I use Baker's Joy spray).
In a bowl add the cake mix, brownie mix, oil eggs and water. Pour into bundt pan and bake 50-55 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Let cake cool completely after waiting 10 min. out of the oven onto a cooling rack and then transfer to serving plate.
In a small bowl, add 1/2 tub of ready to use cake icing, and melt in the microwave 30-45 seconds until it is able to be drizzled over cake.